Lake Shelbyville – Illinois

• mallard_militia
    Participant
    Fulton County, Illinois

Has anybody been fishing down that way this summer??? I am generally on the lake most weekends, but my boat isn’t the most conducive for searching out the walleyes.

If anyone is down that way and would be interested in taking me fishing for a morning, I’d be happy to host them on the cruiser for some cocktails in the evening.

pool13_jeff
    Participant
    NW, IL

With it being 12′ over pool, I’ve been staying off of it. I pulled my boat home Sunday to fish up here for a few months. I spent some time south of Carbondale, on Little Grassy for a week and had an absolute blast! Fish early and take momma on the wine trail in the afternoon.

pool13_jeff
    Participant
    NW, IL

BTW, we were doing pretty well on sauger and ‘eyes with spinners and crawlers. I know Steve Welch has been using minnows. He has had a very good year with the sauger and walleye.

mallard_militia
    Participant
    Fulton County, Illinois

If your ever down that way let me know. We’re generally either sitting in Lithia Marina or anchored in three finger or Skull cove depending on our mood. I’ve been watching Steve’s reports too.. I think he is getting up river a little farther than I want to venture. I’ve pulled some rigs with crawlers and leeches on the 3 and 4 mile flats, but do it with caution.

The 12ft above summer pool is playing havoc on my daughter as well. We just can’t find and beaches to play on anymore.

pool13_jeff
    Participant
    NW, IL

Until a couple weeks ago, I was frequently talking to Steve on the water and we were always south of Findlay bridge. I catch my biggest crappies up in the river but couldn’t get to where I launch.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.