IDO switching from TUCR to 13Fishing? What gives?

• Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Life & time marches on.

Gregg Gunter
    Participant

Shoot, So now I have to sell all my TUCR and buy 13 stuff now, Thanks.

What ya got? My tucr Bullwhip taught me that you get what you pay for, again! I have the Smoothie ice rods which are a great value and like them a lot. But the Bullwhip had me going “OMG” from the get go. Probably get a Thorne to try.

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

Shoot, So now I have to sell all my TUCR and buy 13 stuff now, Thanks.

Who said anything about selling your stuff? Just give it to me. No hassle, I promise.

FinnyDinDin
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Frederick wrote:</div>
    I remember all the marcum love on here and just never understood it and that was all gone when sponsorship dropped.

the marcum love stopped when their product quality went to pot 2013ish time frame imo way before james stopped using them. james continued on with the lx6/7/9 and then the tablet jobby for some time.

The LX 6, 7 and 9 love on here is what I was referring to. Koolaid was being guzzled hence the fanboy comment. I just didn’t get it having used the product. IDO is solid marketing I guess.

I have nothing bad to say about their old flashers. Other than the interference your fishing partners experienced from it.

Parker Edgington
    Participant

Tried to like the lx7 but I never saw the advantage, I liked that you could see the full dial and the zoom on another vertical graph. Whether or not the lx5 is the best I don’t know, I had one for awhile as a backup to my flx28 but I just couldn’t like it, the dull colors and the hectic display was too much. I got it as a spare for when I had someone fish with me that didn’t have a flasher. Problem was they couldn’t read it so I ended up fishing with it and gave up my flx28. I scratched my head when they went to humminbird. I now have a helix as my backup and it works great, not my main unit but it’s there when I need it and my buddies can read it..

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

We will just pray his input is better then any of the input that was put in to the I fish pro. 13 could have potential but the I fish pro is the worst ice fishing purchase I ever made.

MNdrifter
    Participant

I think you guys are missing the forest through the trees. I’m more sad the IDO season was cut in 1/2. I’ve hand over handed at least 50% of all fish I’ve caught on the ice, as I’d bet most of you have. With the knowledge I’ve gained from IDO over the years, I really don’t care what they are using for equipment, you got a ride or die follower.

Stanley
    Participant

IDO has switched sponsors through the years. Just the way things go. My question is what happens to all of the previous sponsors gear they used for years or had around the shop as extras.

Netguy
    Participant
    Minnetonka

I see Jon Thelen is sponsored by TUCR this year.

Reef W
    Participant

I have (almost) all 13 ice rods. I didn’t know I was ahead of the curve, I just thought I was cheap.

hnd
    Participant

I’d rather watch banjo minnow infomercials. he and jason mitchell are insomnia remedies

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

I think you guys are missing the forest through the trees. I’m more sad the IDO season was cut in 1/2. I’ve hand over handed at least 50% of all fish I’ve caught on the ice, as I’d bet most of you have. With the knowledge I’ve gained from IDO over the years, I really don’t care what they are using for equipment, you got a ride or die follower.

I can honestly say I have watched 1 episode fully. The others are on full fast forward. I find them very boring to watch. But that’s honestly all fishing shows. Now if they quit doing a red lake bite every year with the same info as always and filmed on heavier pressured local lakes with success I would follow. I chase good bites around with great success as well. It’s the close to home stuff that’s challenging and fun to learn about. But we see none of that

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

IDO has switched sponsors through the years. Just the way things go. My question is what happens to all of the previous sponsors gear they used for years or had around the shop as extras.

I’d like to go to that Garage sale.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

I dont like his show very much. Its his prerogative, but he is about the only guy who keeps almost everything he catches. It just seems odd to me. Plus its basically one big advertisement for Lindy each week.

Viewing 14 posts - 91 through 104 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.