Ideas for storage of kayak/SUP on/by dock?

• bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

We’ve accumulated 2 Stand up Paddle boards and now 3 kayaks at our cabin. Any suggestions on how/where to store them close to the dock/shore so it is easy for the kids to get them in the water and put them back to store them again? Appreciate any ideas you have. Thanks.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Tell the kids to toss them in your boat. You don’t have time to fish anyway. grin

munchy
    NULL

Build a rack

Attachments:
    1. 8-place-kayak-rack-02.jpg

Mr. Pike 81
    NW Iowa

For the sups’s I used 2″ PVC pipe and made a j shaped holder that was long enough on one side to slip over the dock post, wide enough for the sup to sit down in but be snug, and the other side just high enough to hold the board in place yet easy to get it out. If I knew how to post a pic I would. Sorry. I put one of these on two consecutive posts 8 feet apart.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Thanks for posting.

Munchy, I like that rack system but unfortunately, my lot doesn’t have much flat elevation to put something like that close to the shoreline.

Mr Pike,
    I wish I could see a picture of what you put together. Most likely, I will have to have some type of a rack on my dock close to shore. Unfortunately, the dock manufacturers are pretty proud of the racks they sell. I think they can easily run over 400.00 for a rack that holds 2-3 toys. I would need 2 of them.

Thanks again for your input.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2789.jpg

munchy
    NULL

Bzz,
    Could always dig 2 vertical posts into the ground. Best would be to get them dug below frost depth, but a couple feet would be fine. Then hang the arms however is needed.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’ve been stuffing them in my tiny shed. I can’t stand how dingy they get outside un covered. At least off the ground with a roof over them only results in spiders.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.