Brainerd Jaycees contest

• Coreyhuberty
    Brainerd,MN

I bought a ticket this year thought I’d give it a whirl Anyone ever fished the contest? What can I expect?

jrrendler
    Mantorville, MN

Expect a good time, many drunks, lot’s of holes ready to go, thousands and thousands of people. It is so big you can become lost or disoriented if you head away from your spot and don’t pay attention. Expect cold. I have been going for a few years now. I thought last year at 32 degree’s was the coldest I have seen. That is because it rained and rained hard early in the morning. (Who expects that anywhere in Minnesota in January?) Then it started snowing and pretty hard….after getting wet and sitting there for several hours I thought I was going to freeze to death. The year before, it was -29 degrees at 7AM!

I think it is a great event and the many, many volunteers do a great job for their local charities.

Also, don’t expect to catch a fish. Most people don’t….just have fun and enjoy the day.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Fished it once, did not catch a fish but had a good time. Bring a chisel to open the holes as they cut them the day before. We used the parking at the Motor Speedway and took the shuttle bus – it was easy to tell we were rookies since we had more gear than was comfortable getting into and out of a school bus .

There were a LOT of drunks so there was plenty of entertainment. Some good product previews too.

Good luck.

Big121
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Its a great time. Last year was the first time for me so I didn’t know what to expect, but when we loaded up on the bus, and a group a guys were putting a keg of beer on. I knew it was for me. Very nice people.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.