gill pills?

• Eric Pomplun
    Participant
    janesville, wisconsin

how do you or would you stop the hook from pivoting around? after i caught about 60 gills the hook just pivots around and whenever i catch a fish i always have to move it back into place. would you use super glue or something else?

brian_peterson
    Participant
    Eagan, MN

The hook actually broke loose from the main jig body? Weird! I’d say trash it. Glue may hold for awhile but it will eventually break loose again. Never heard or seen that happen with gill pills yet. Post a pic?

Eric Pomplun
    Participant
    janesville, wisconsin

no the hook didnt break lose from the jig but the hook itself pivots around inside the head. its still attached completely but the hook moves around.i’ll post a pic tommorow.

brian_peterson
    Participant
    Eagan, MN

That’s what I envisioned, didn’t word it right. I’d like to see it.

arklite881south
    Participant

Sounds like you might have wore that pill out Pal. Might want to put it on your wall of fame, and get another one out.

Mike W
    Participant
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Had that happen to a Pil this weekend. Was trying to get some old dried up gulp off of it. Try gluing other wise it may be time to retire it. DOnt think this is just CS&J stuff. Have seen it on other jigs to. There just doesnt seem to be alt of the hook shanks to hold the lead tight if you get rough with them.

waterswat
    Participant
    WI

I’ve had the same thing happen to me with the hook spinning around, figure I would just toss it and get an new one broke in.

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

What are the terms of the warranty?

jrrendler
    Participant
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

after i caught about 60 gills

I wish I had that problem. I don’t think I have caught 60 fish over the last two years and surely not with the same hook. You are doing very well

cshunt1
    Participant
    Eagan, MN

how does it stay tied if it spins? the eye is part of the shank of the hook… can you throw up a pic to help me understand?

60gills on a $1 jig? i think you definitely got your money’s worth!

Eric Pomplun
    Participant
    janesville, wisconsin

yeah i guess i will just retire it. i was just wondering if there was anything you could do to fix it. it actually goes into place but after i catch a fish it usually spins around. yeah i was catching quite a few this past weekend nothing huge most around 7″ but still fun to catch when they bite like crazy. i wasnt worried about cjs products either i have a ton of their jigs and love their products. keep up the good work CJS

mike_j
    Participant
    Nashua Iowa

I have had the same thing happen to 1 gill pill I have. The lead body rotates aroung the hook. I tried takeing a pic but it is pretty blurry to small of an object and to close for my camera. I also caught plenty of fish on this jig befor it happened

ses
    Participant
    Mississippi River

Ditto this….

I think I have 2-3 in my tackle box right now that did the same thing. I tried epoxy and after an outing it was cashed. I hate to toss these jigs as they have treated me good. There has to be a use for these I just know it….. Also, mine are all the same size and color.

Not a knock to CJS or any other manufacture just wondering if there is a good fix so I can find a use for these.

Quote:

can you throw up a pic to help me understand?

I will post pics tomorrow.

cshunt1
    Participant
    Eagan, MN

i think i understand now. thats weird, ive never had that happe. and ive fished the same gill pill for a couple years now.

ses
    Participant
    Mississippi River

Pic

brittlab
    Participant
    North Central Iowa

never had that happen to a jig but I don’t use gill pills much.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.