Bass and Bluegill bite

• ealbrecht
    Participant

Got to spend a few days at the cabin and made it out for some fishing on both of the lakes. Found all of the crappies and gills i wanted on day 1 but not much for size, they were good eaters, but i wanted to catch some piggies. I started hole hopping looking for a pod of bigger fish, just got the holes all drilled out when the G/F starts hollering to come help her. she was jigging a darter and hooked into a fat largemouth that almost completely inhaled the darter. just as i am releasing the fish into the other hole, she drops it back down and is almost instantly hooked up with another one. this time i had the camera ready and got a pic as it was coming up. After all that fun she decided to stay put and keep fishing her “lucky lure” and ended up with several more bass and some crappies. I bounced around and finally found some nice crappies and gills in aboot 16 feet of water right at the edge where some dying weeds met some mud, Also hooked into a lot of nicer bass in that area which were a ton of fun on the power noodle and 2lb test. Here are some pics from the weekend.

Ron Johnsen
    Participant
    Platteville wi

Thanks for the report

northstar42
    Participant
    west central Minnesotsa

Great report. G/F looks like a keeper. Better lock her up before somebody else finds her.

bret_clark
    Participant
    Sparta, WI

Bass are a hoot to catch on the panfish rigs.
    Nice job on both the pannies and the bonus Green fish

jeff_jensen
    Participant
    cassville ,wis

Looks like a blast……awesome photos

get_hooked
    Participant
    Dundee, Wi

Now thats how you entertain a lady. best part about it, looks like you had a good time.

Pat Howard
    Participant
    Sparta Wi

Good job on the fish and the pics

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.