minoqua area report

• Eric Pomplun
    Participant
    janesville, wisconsin

well we just got back yesterday from our christmas break trip up to our cabin. although the fishing was kinda slow it was still a fun trip as always. we found anywhere from 4-9 inches of ice on the 4 lakes we fished. fished for crappies a couple days one day in a community spot and 2 days on a small lake that we have all to our selves. well we caught a few decent crappies and gills mixed in with a ton of small gills in school house bay on lake minoqua. on the other lake we got 15 the first nite and 10 the next night. i caught crappies on a marmooska and pink glow demon jigging spoon. i love catching nice slabs on those jigging spoons. my dad was using a glow diamond jig. i also got a nice 14 incher on the demon spoon. we went pike fishing 1 day and it was pretty slow compared to other years on that lake. we caught a lot of small fish and a couple 23 inchers. there was some slush but by the end of the week it was firmed up pretty good and about 6 inches of snow on the ice. the last pic is a 11 incher compared to a 14.

Pat Howard
    Participant
    Sparta Wi

Nice fish good job

Michael Saal
    Participant
    Merrill, Wi

Nice fish. I went through there on Wed. alot of people fishing schoolhouse bay. I wasn’t able to fish. We are in a contest on the Rainbow flowage on Sat. I hope it warms up a little by then.

Ron Johnsen
    Participant
    Platteville wi

Nice fish

bret_clark
    Participant
    Sparta, WI

Awesome break

Joel Ballweg
    Participant
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Nice report and fish netmann!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.