Clam Yukon ice shack

• woody_036
    Spooner, Wi

I work with a guy that is selling a Clam Yukon shack that he bought 2 years ago and used about 4 times. I am going to go look at it tonight after work. He said that he wants to sell it for $400.

I was just wondering if $400 is a good price if it looks in good condition? Also, I was wondering if there are people that currently have one and if they have any likes/dislikes about the Yukon?

I currently have a Otter perch shack. Its nice for one guy, but cramped for room with 2 guys. I am looking for a good 2 man shack.

Thanks.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

just looked at Reeds site, this years Yukon seems to have a better tub, and the one I looked at was insulated, for $499, I’d say he is a bit high on his price. This is a good entry level house for two people.

skeeterbear

I have one and I like it. I bought mine a on an end of season clearance sale for $325.00

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

I bought a new one two years ago for $399. I really like mine. Quite a step up from the old original clam with the slider seats made of plywood and indoor/outdoor carpet on them. I think with the economy the way it is that the price is high.

woody_036
    Spooner, Wi

I saw the Clam shack after work. I wasn’t really impressed at all. I did like the seats but that was about it. The canvas seemed thinner than the otter that i have now and it really isn’t much bigger than I have now either. The sled wasn’t real deep and not as durable as my otter. The guy did drop the price because there was a small cut in the canvas that he didnt know about. I think that I am going to keep looking at different shacks.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

I’ve had mine since they came out and don’t have a single bad thing to say about it. I also think 4hundo is too much for a used shack when you could spend an extra hundred to get a brand new one. Be sure to check the bottom of the sled for wear if he doesn’t have runners on it!

rlafleur

I bought a Clam Yukon last year on closeout too for 459.00 and I have used it about 12 times so far and I think its the best shelter going. If very tough and easy to setup. I also bought a big buddy heater for it. I have had no problems at all with the shelter.

traumatized
    eastern iowa

I have one and love it. It’s a lot to pull if walking but I only use it if at least two of us are going. So you can split the pulling. I also have a clam pro when by myself. Clam make a great product.

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

I went on Reed’s after chomps made that comment. They actually have their old yukon on sale for $450 dollars. It is under the fish trap original shelters heading. Which leads to my next post on here…

brian_j

$400 is a little on the high side, especially if it’s just the shack. If it comes with the cover and runners, tow bar etc, then that sweetens the pot.

Even with the accessories I still think it should be in the 300s used.

As to buying new, the new yukon is insulated but it’s on the roof not the whole canvas, and when you factor in tax and buying all those accessories it really ads up.

I have a Yukon and really like it, the seats are great, they slide left right back and forward, plus swivel.

woody_036
    Spooner, Wi

Thanks for all the input so far. I looked at one of those new Clam Yukon TC’s and I like that more than the one older Yukon. The insulated roof is nice and the sled looks a little different, possibly more heavy duty. I have to do more research on what would be the best for me. I do agree that $400 for that older Yukon is too much to pay.

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Let us know if you find a great deal on the new yukon. I might be interested in picking one up if there is a good deal to be had!!

Ted

pool5hunter
    South East,Mn

I have two yukons and looking to sell one. It is 4-5 years old, cant remember to be honest, but it was the last year that in inside canvas was blue. Both seats and cover. It will be about two weeks before i can get it out of storage. But ill be looking for about 300. There is one small tear in the canvas above the door.

Message me if intersted.

Im in St. Cloud, MN

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.