Homemade Rod Socks

• walleye4
    Participant
    On the Water

I bought a ton of waterproof material at a Sale last year that I thought would make some good Rod sleeves for my ice rods. Last weekend I made a few up to see how they look and they turned out awesome! That is going to help save a little headache in the Trap Pro from untangling 10 rods. We are going to make some more up this weekend with a few additions. If these turn out, I might just have to offer some up.

Here is a pic,

sauger
    Participant
    Hastings ,MN

jp_mason
    Participant
    Onalaska, WI

walleye4,
    Very nice, I was thinking about doing the same thing. What type of material did you use? Where did you get it? Can you give a little in-sight on size and how to?

JP

ederd
    Participant
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

Those look nice!! I bought a Croxton rod case at the ice fishing show and bought tubes that go in golf bags for golf clubs, I cut a notch in one end to go around the reel seat and then cut them just a little longer than the pole.

Ed

walleye4
    Participant
    On the Water

The material is almost like a what a tent is made out only lighter. I basically just laid the rod on the material and used a yard stick to make the cuts and then sewed it together. !st couple took me awhile to get it right but can make one pretty quick now. I have 2 weeks off starting next week and am going to make up a bunch of them and see what they bring on eBay.

jp_mason
    Participant
    Onalaska, WI

Thanks for the reply Greg. Where did you find the material?

JP

walleye4
    Participant
    On the Water

I found it on a Auction.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.