Trip 2-10-07/Results

• walleye4
    Participant
    On the Water

Went down south yesterday for a day on the ice. Went with fellow IDA member Dane and a buddy of his. We ended up doing pretty good after a pretty slow start. We only had 4 crappie before noon. We changed location after lunch and really started to hit the fish. I found the crappie right away and Dane started in on the wipers.

Dane’s buddy put out tip-ups and had quite a few flags but no true hook-ups. Probably was wipers hitting his chubs. It was alot of fun getting them wipers on jigs though! We probably caught over 50 or so that averaged between 18-22″.

We ended up catching quite a few crappie also. We had a hard time finding them but once we did, it was pretty fast for a little while. Alot of smaller fish but we ended up with 17 keepers. Dane had the biggest, a 14″ SLAB! We probably caught over 100 overall with all but 4 coming from 2pm til 5:30pm.

Hope Dane and Beer had a good time as I know I sure did!

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Good going, man! Hopefully I’ll have some time before the ice goes away!

TMFLDEM
    Participant

Was a great time thats for sure. I am very glad those wipes came around because it was rather slow for the crappies but once we figured out a pattern for those wipers it was game on..

Ben Garver
    Participant
    Hickman, Nebraska

Good job guys. I fished 3 different lakes yesterday and it wasn’t great. I should have met you down there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.