Sunday’s Report

• walleye4
    Participant
    On the Water

Went out for a few hours yesterday with tmfldem(Dane). We started out checking ice on a private pond I have down south and the ice was around 4″ or so. We was drilling our holes when the ice cracked. After that, we had water coming through the holes whenever we would walk, so we left for safer ice!

We ended up at a little lake in Kearney. Ice was real good, just alot of snow on it and slush. We caught lots of smaller gills and a few small crappie. We ran tip-ups and did pretty good on pike. I think we put 5 pike on the ice. Didn’t measure any but if I were to guess, they were anywhere from 25-36″. Lost a couple of better pike. Action was fast for awhile as we had around 8-10 flags go in about 30 or so minutes. Hope the weather stays cool so I can make it out next weekend.

TMFLDEM
    Participant

lots of slush on top of the ice now, no good…

I could release the gills at my feet it the fishtrap and they could swim/flop in the 2″ of water that was on top of the ice inside the shanty right into the hole,, im worrried for next weekend

Ben Garver
    Participant
    Hickman, Nebraska

Thanks for the report Greg. Looks like another cold spell is headed our way this weekend!

I might be heading back to Sherman this weekend. You should bring Brian up this time!!

walleye4
    Participant
    On the Water

Got some good reports on Sherman from this weekend. I might be going up if ice down south sours! Lots of nice walleye were caught!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.