LED Rope Lighting

• tcfishing
    Anoka, MN

I bought a LED rope lighting for my fish house. It looks like regular rope light but it’s LED and rated for 12 volt dc. It comes in 6′ lenght w/alligator clips and tie straps. I put mine along the 1/2 emt used to hold up the canvas along the roof. I put 2 in my magnum Otter house and it works good. I have not been on the water as of yet to give the real test, has any one used this before?

barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

Personally I have not used this but my friend had them in his house and they lit very well and did not use alot of juice, I would use definetly say they are worth the money for em.

blackduck
    SE Minnesota

Where did you get the LED Rope Lights?? Are they the Clam Corp brand? Do they hook up to a 12v battery, or can you plug them into a 12v power source like cigarette lighter?

Thanks

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

I HAVE BEEN THINKING OF PUTTING THIS ROPE LIGHTING IN MY PONTOON AND FLAT FOR DUCK HUNTING, I’M CURIOUS HOW THIS WORKING FOR EVERYONE ?? GOOD POST !!

COULD BE A GOOD IDEA FOR THE NIGHT WALLEYE FISHERMEN ALSO.

tcfishing
    Anoka, MN

I forgot the good part, I bought them at Gander Mountain Maplewood, and they cost $10.00. They are made for ice houses and come with 6′ of wire w/alligator clips. I plan on going up to LOTW this weekend with a little Red teaser, will post field report on lights.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Thanks for the tip. I’m going to pick up a set.

Thanks!
    -J.

blackduck
    SE Minnesota

Thanks tc, let us know what you think of them.

jldii

Can you run those lights off your Vexilar battery?

tcfishing
    Anoka, MN

Yes you can run it off of a vehical battery, I also saw them at Cabela’s for $14.99 but didn’t have alligator clips on the wire.

jldii

I just got home from Gander with 2 of these ropes. They are on sale for $7.99.

They had one inside a display fishouse. I doubt it will light a shack very good, but it should be plenty to watch a couple bobbers and keep lines straight.

Soft “in the mood” lighting for ice fishing! Maybe I’ll take my wife once this year.

tcfishing
    Anoka, MN

It’s hard to tell how bright leds are in the day light, give it a try in the dark you’ll like them.

TJB
    Cottage Grove, MN.

Good info.
    I see Fleet Farm has the Vex battery and charger of 12.99 Gander has them for 19.99 have them price matchy and beat the difference and you are a $7.00 for the battery and charger!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.