Anyone used or experienced the new FLX 28

• mike-west
    Participant
    Amery, WI

Just wondering if anyone can give a hands on experience/opinion of the new Vexilar FLX 28. I’m a Vex guy and ran across a pretty good deal today.
    Thanks in advance
    Mike

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

Quote:

Just wondering if anyone can give a hands on experience/opinion of the new Vexilar FLX 28. I’m a Vex guy and ran across a pretty good deal today.
    Thanks in advance
    Mike

No experience myself, but the silence of that unit has me very interested. If the durability is anything like the past units, I wouldn’t be afraid to buy one.

duke.harbaugh
    Participant

Silence? The one in gander still has moving parts that will like a vexilars make noise. Marcum fully digital now thats silence. Jmo

Steven Krapfl
    Participant
    Springville, Iowa

I’m a Vex guy, too, Mike, and I don’t know of anyone who’s used it. The unit looks sweet, but my old dual beam FL-20 is just solid, so I have no reason to upgrade. Get one and let us know, I’m sure it’s great.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Flat screen like a bird and a little digital depth readout in the middle of the screen. They really jumped light years ahead with the 28

eyetime
    Participant
    Northeast Iowa

Hey Mike, on Lake the Woods right now with my 28 and it rocks!!! You won’t be disappointed :waytogo
    Brian

DeanoB
    Participant
    Historic Mantorville

I’m a vex guy too, but I can’t justify upgrading my Fl20 to the 28. I have heard from two people that have the 28 and it sounds like they are a little better at jamming the interference that the LX3 gives the Vexi’s and the colors are bright and clear with more detail. That’s about it, maybe I’m misinformed. I’m in serious mode about giving my 14 year old the FL20 and getting an LX7 for my self. LX7 from FL20 seems like an upgrade with a ton of features and digital screen. I think it’s what Santa wants me to do

mplspug
    Participant
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

They really jumped light years ahead with the 28

Competition is good, the consumer wins.

Ben Putnam
    Participant
    Saint Paul, MN

A buddy of mine used his friend’s 28 a few weeks back to see if it was what he wanted to upgrade to. He just got an LX 7 and has been very happy he decided to go Marcum.
    I was in your boots a little over a month ago as well and after using the lx5, lx6, and lx7 there’s no way I would get the FLX28. I’m not trying to say it is a bad unit, or start a vex/Marcum brawl, but the features of the LX 7 massively outweigh what the FLX28 brings to the table and they’re in the same relative price range. I have been a Vex guy since the first day my foot hit the ice, but Marcum really stole my heart, you wouldn’t be dissapointed one bit.

troutsrus
    Participant
    Lytton Iowa

I have a 20 , a 22 and just got a 28. I love it. Turn it on drop it down and fish . No more turning the knob to find a depth as it has auto. I like it a lot but Ive been a lifelong Vex guy.

mike-west
    Participant
    Amery, WI

Thanks for everyone’s input.
    I have no reason what so ever to jump from a 15+ year vex guy to Mrcum and realize they are both great.
    This wasn’t meant to be a chevy / ford, Lowrance / HB question.
    Happy holidays to you all

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.