Montana Ice Fishing

• HowesFishing
    Kalispell, MT

Not many folks realize what a great state for Ice Fishing Montana really is. In fact, Montana is home to what In Fishermen recently claimed to be the finest walleye fishery in the country, Fort Peck Reservoir.

Western Montana has some spectacular ice fishing, as well as snow skiing, dog sledding, Glacier Park and much more. But the ice fishing…oh, the ice fishing! On any given day, on any given lake, you may only have 20-25 other anglers out there…limits are generous, of there are any at all. In fact, only a handful of lakes in Montana have a perch limit. (Of course, most of us regulate ourselves to selective harvest and practice CPR.)

Lake Trout, Rainbow Trout, Brown, Bull and Cutthroat Trout all thrive in the winter. Kokanee Salmon (silver bullets actually) Northern Pike, a growing black Crappie population, Lake Whitefish and more are all great species to chase through the ice in Montana.

If you are interested in learning more about what winter fishing is like in Montana, I invite you to stop by our booth this weekend at the St Paul ice show. We would be happy to brag it up in person and provide you with travel, lodging and fishing info. Heck, we are even having a raffle for a free guided trip just for stopping by and saying hi. We are right across from the Ice Force booth in booth #516.

Montana is Spanish for “mountains” but it’s ALL about the water for me!

Mike Howe
    howesfishing.com

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

I love that area of Kalispell. Spent some time during the summers in The Bob. Cought lots of trout.

I will stop by to say hello.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.