First Ice, Baby!!!!

• mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

It was 18 on my home from work last night around midnight. When I left to meet a friend to go fish walleyes, look at what I saw… It was 17 tonight on my way home at 10, so I expect to see a little bit more coverage tomorrow a.m. And these pics were taken on the way to work later this afternoon, the very thin ice was almost all the way across to my shoreline where there is open water in these pics. The earliest I have been on ice here was Nov. 9th. If it weren’t for the expected warmer temps later this week, it would have been very close to that record. It won’t be long!!!

Mark

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Thanks for sharing, Mark. We’re forecast to hit 60, or darn close to it, this coming weekend here in MPLS.

hankthecrank
    Broken Bow, NE

Absolutely beautiful picture there, lucky for you to live there.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I just got back from a LOTW trip, lot’s of the bays, lakes and some of the rivers were starting to freeze up. Upper Red even had a nice skim coat on her Sunday a.m. when we went by. It won’t be long and we’ll be cracking the ice. Heck the ice show is less than a month away with an all ice show in Blaine coming up this month

jmarksman
    Chequamegon Bay Apostle Islands, WI

We are not far off at all Mark, I keep checking the back woods small shallow lakes every few day’s! Cant wait.

ajs
    Mellen,WI

We had to break between 1/2 to 3/4,s of an inch yesterday to get through a shallow channel. Also most lakes we drove by had a nice skim around the shorelines. Soon we will be walking on water.

Ajs

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

I got two more pics from early this a.m. I was surprised that even as cold as it got last night, the ice really didn’t look any better. It did come closer to the south shoreline that I took the pics from.

Mark

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Heard last night that someone broke their trailer taillights on the ice yesterday, so there is some thickening going on.

Mark

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.