Ice Out Pike A Success

• trapsht
    Rockford, Il

I returned from a whirlwind 3 day trip at Pasha Lake last week. Once the weather cooperated so did the fish. I was expecting to find them sunbathing in the shallow bays. After a lot of fishing and not catching, I transitioned to the first drop off leading into the bays and it was game on! I quickly caught the biggest pike of my life only to have it come unbuttoned right at the boat. Good thing I was the only guy on the lake, as there were a few choice words coming from my mouth. The pike were attracted to flash and would follow bucktails and spoons right up to the boat, but would not bite. I switched to a jerkbait and it was a game changer. Stud bait of the trip was a #10 Xrap in river perch.

I spent one day on L. Nipigon chasing brookies and pike. Caught a 21″ brook trout and a fat pike(pic attached)and yes thats snow on the bank. Even thought the pike were in 10-15 fow, Nipigon is so clear that I was still able to sight fish for them. Can’t wait to get back and further explore this massive body of water.

I haven’t been to Pasha Lake in a few years. There are a lot of improvements happening. A huge brand new (wife approved) cabin is being built and a few cabin remodels. Definitely a nice place to take the family. I’m going back in the fall for walleyes!

trapsht
    Rockford, Il

Forgot the pics

Attachments:
    1. 20160518_204712.jpg

trapsht
    Rockford, Il

Last one

Attachments:
    1. 20160518_204413.jpg

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Thanks for the follow up and great to hear your trip went well!

I’m a little jealous, five years since I’ve been to Pasha and want to go back.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The area around nipigon is truly special. And Chad and family run a great resort. I’m hoping to get up there late summer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.