Ice out?

• walleyevision

Anyone know if Whitefish or the surrounding lakes are free of ice yet?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Roosevelt in Outing has it pulling away from the shore.

blank

I haven’t been around Whitefish at all, but I’d guess it’s still ice covered. Some of the small lakes in the area have just recently opened up.

Josh Runksmeier
    Pequot Lakes, MN

Whitefish is not open yet. 371 bay on north long has been open for awhile now.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

After this cold snap I think we’ll see a number open up this weekend. Getting a little ice reforming around the docks in the mornings right now.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Got down to 14, went backwards a bit last night.
    Stayed windy though, that’s really an ice eater. Hoping to have the grocery gitter, bass barge, living room, out there this weekend. woot

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Gull has ice out. Sunday there was about 1/3 of the lake covered on the east side. Last night it was open. Not sure about the whitefish chain but would expect similar there.

walleyevision

On the chain today, it’s open. 39 degrees on the main lake, small bays are about 43. No crappies in the bays that I’ve found yet. Arrowhead may be warmer, will try there this afternoon.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

On the chain today, it’s open. 39 degrees on the main lake, small bays are about 43. No crappies in the bays that I’ve found yet. Arrowhead may be warmer, will try there this afternoon.

39 – 40 is about what it is here on Roosevelt in Outing, ice went out Monday.
    I’m still catching a few crappies in my winter spots. 30 FOW

I’m going to try the shallows in Woods bay this afternoon.

walleyevision

I cruised over the basin looking for suspended schools and didn’t mark anything. No idea where they are right now.

Josh Runksmeier
    Pequot Lakes, MN

The official ice out on whitefish was yesterday. The last ice I seen going by cross was on Tuesday.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.