Ice Fishing the Mud Flats Lake Mille Lacs – Season 14 – Episode 11

• Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

Season 14 – Episode 11 is live on YouTube!

This week, James Holst and Pat McSharry head to lake Mille Lacs to ice fish walleyes on the mud flats using Rapala Jig Raps.

Red Eye
    Participant

You guys mentioned bouncing around to different flats throughout the day. Just curious how many times did you move that day?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

If memory serves we hit seven different flats over the course of the day.

Pailofperch
    Participant
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Great show guys.
    What was with the bump drafting when getting on the ice???
    Any perch caught?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

No, never caught any perch.

Not sure what bump drafting is.

Pailofperch
    Participant
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Red sled was nearly pushing the blue sled. Guessing someone was impatiently excited!

lrott2003
    Participant
    Wisconsin

James have you found a way to mount an arm on your hummingbird or are you going to stick with the float on the ducer cord. I bought Helix 7 this year and like it other than having the cord dangle with the float… Just wondering what your thoughts were.

Dusty Gesinger
    Participant
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

James have you found a way to mount an arm on your hummingbird or are you going to stick with the float on the ducer cord. I bought Helix 7 this year and like it other than having the cord dangle with the float… Just wondering what your thoughts were.

It takes a bolt if you want an arm.

kidfish
    Participant

Funny how you said no one was out there. From all reports from friends this weekend sounded like an ice fishing contest on the pond.

bigcrappie
    Participant
    Blaine

No one out there? You must have filmed this 3 weeks ago. Was out there this weekend and no more them 1000 wheel house on the flats. Every point or inside curve had houses on it.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Participant
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Funny how you said no one was out there. From all reports from friends this weekend sounded like an ice fishing contest on the pond.

I don’t know all the facts however I believe the crew typically films the show Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday which airs on the following Sunday.

If that was the case, I too was out there last Monday-Wednesday (not on the distant flats though) and definitely was nice and quiet compared to a weekend. Hardly any folks out of the resort.

Weekdays relative to weekends, you cannot even compare. This past weekend had to have been a circus in many areas.

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

No one out there? You must have filmed this 3 weeks ago. Was out there this weekend and no more them 1000 wheel house on the flats. Every point or inside curve had houses on it.

We obviously weren’t out there this weekend, as the show aired on Sunday. We filmed this show on January 21st…

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Participant
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

We filmed this show on January 21st…

Pretty much exactly what I thought. I was in a skid house that day and the wind was howling strong out of the south. I’m sure you couldn’t help but notice the wind?

I always enjoy IDO shows and particularly the Mille Lacs episodes being the lake is my back yard.

Spot-on-the-spot segment is always “spot on” wink

Keep up the fun to watch and informative shows. waytogo

bigcrappie
    Participant
    Blaine

I know, during the week its no mans land out there but come Friday night small cities show up. The detailed maps sure put a hurting on these fish LOL )

We obviously weren’t out there this weekend, as the show aired on Sunday. We filmed this show on January 21st…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.