ice fishing around Stevens Point

• lakedelavan

Hello everybody I am new to stevens point and I am looking for a little guidance on ice fishing for some walleyes. I have been ice fishing and found some areas for panfish but I am looking to target some walleyes. I am having a little trouble due to the fact that there is no contour maps to help me find structures and depths. If anyone has any tips or things I can look for to find some walleyes or some general areas I can target will be grateful. Message me if you don’t want to post anything.

Chris Cantey
    Eagan, MN

I’m fairly new too. Do you know of all the local stomping grounds?

• Black bridge
    • Red bridge
    • River road
    • The Pipe

I’ve heard black bridge is doing well for walleyes right now… But fishing right off a spill way is not my style. I like to get away from the crowds a bit more. I had luck early ice at both Red bridge and River Road, but its gotten tough there – and crowded.

I hit up Dubay 2 weekends ago and plan to do it again this weekend. It’s the most well known walleye fishery around the area… I drove by Lime Lake last week and there were huge crowds there, must be something up with that – and you can find contour maps for both of those lakes.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.