ice fishing?

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Anybody ice fish Kab? With the current are there area’s that the ice is bad EVERY year or does it vary? Just curious.

munchy
    NULL

I have never been on the ice up there, but does Kab really have much for current? I could be wrong, but I don’t think there is enough anyway to really affect anything until you start getting near The Ash River, Nam, and Kettle. There aren’t much for rivers actually flowing through the main body of Kab.

I know the Park Service plows a road between the two visitor centers. There is also a marked snowmobile trail they maintain as well. I’d assume stay near them and you should be fine as well.

Hopefully someone knows a little more as I’ve been pondering a trip up there as well.

blackbay
    mn

The only place I’ve seen people ice fish has been just west of the opening from Sullivan Bay along the south shore. Guys do spear in the southern bays on the west half of the lake. Most of the lake is fine for snowmobile travel. The few spots that have scetchy ice are between Kab and Namakan. They are marked because they are close to snowmobile trails.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.