Ice conditions in Ely

• Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Currently the ice conditions in Ely are unfavorable for safe travel. A really cold night provided around 2″ of ice on many smaller area lakes, but the milder weather of the next few days will be slow to progress it. I found one lake yesterday that may be ready before the others, so I will be checking in on it tomorrow to see if she’s gotten any thicker. With the forecast safe options should really start opening up this weekend, but I will update as the ice progresses.

Attachments:
    1. image29.jpeg

2. image28.jpeg

3. image27.jpeg

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Tuesday November 24
    Still not quite safe enough, it looks like Thursday will be the big first day fishing on the ice for me, permitting the forcast doesn’t change.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

what is the 2 week forecast looking like? I’m suppose to be fishing LOTW Dec 9th. but not too confident that will happen so i’ll be looking for good alt.

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

At this point it is hard to say what can happen in 2 weeks. Next week will surely be small lakes only if the conditions don’t get warmer than predicted. If the forecast dips into colder temps than what is predicted next week, we could be seeing many more options becoming available. I would keep an eye on the weather and future updates.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.