Ice Conditions?

• ssperch
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

Hi All,

I just re-watched the In-Depth Outdoors episode where James and Grant are fishing in Superior Bay. A buddy and I were thinking that could be a fun trip this weekend pending safe ice.

@jamesholst
    have you heard any info on this bite this year? Is it an early ice only pattern, or can you still find walleyes in this area?

Any info is much appreciated! Just trying to figure out if this could be an option for this weekend.

Tight Lines,

Sam

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Hi All,

I just re-watched the In-Depth Outdoors episode where James and Grant are fishing in Superior Bay. A buddy and I were thinking that could be a fun trip this weekend pending safe ice.

@jamesholst have you heard any info on this bite this year? Is it an early ice only pattern, or can you still find walleyes in this area?

Any info is much appreciated! Just trying to figure out if this could be an option for this weekend.

Tight Lines,

Sam

In my experience that bite is definitely best early ice but fish are caught all winter long. I’ve not heard anything on that bite in the last couple weeks but you can get some good info from Marine General or the Bait Box in Superior, WI (715) 398-3554 for the latest. I’ve found them to be very helpful in the past.

ssperch
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

Thanks for the quick reply @Jamesholst.

I’ll give them a shout today!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.