ice conditions

• knoppers
    big lake, backus

with all the snow, how is the ice? safe ice or lots of slush. I want to get up snowmobiling nest weekend, and was concerned about the lakes.

knoppers
    big lake, backus

any current reports?

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

Pretty good report on Big Sandy Lake Association facebook page.
    3″ on top, 3 inches of water, 3 inches on bottom.

knoppers
    big lake, backus

that sounds bad for big sandy, with this weather coming, warm, rain and more snow, the ice may not be good for some time. thanks for the update.

knoppers
    big lake, backus

on my lake in palisade, from nextdoor, 6-8 inches of solid ice, then slush, then 3 inches of frozen slush. and they had 6 more inches of snow since. bad lake travel, must use a snowmobile. this is on a smaller shallow lake, so the bigger lakes will much worse.

Oldstar

Ice conditions in Cromwell are some of the worst I’ve ever seen. 12″+ snow, 6′ slush/water below that, and only 8-9″ of ice. Drill a hole and get flooded. Virgin ground is almost unfishable. If some one has broke trail fishing is possible. I’ll wait till late ice to try my luck again…..

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

I seen a few trucks on the shore of sandy on sunday! I also saw a report of a truck out on the ice. This cold weather should start to shape some things up soon.

knoppers
    big lake, backus

slush has frozen on the smaller lakes in the area, good travel for sleds and wheelers, depending on the snow depth, trucks also using the lakes where plowed.

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

Im seeing truck on Big Sandy this weekend! Ive heard claims of 18″ and slush mostly frozen.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.