ice conditions

• Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

How is everything holding up in the NE? With the warm temps, rain, and mud drug out from the accesses, how long does everyone think the ramps will be navigable? Thanks! Good luck! Be safe!

jjrieger61
    Northeast, SD

A buddy on Poinsett has been sending me pics of 2-3″ of water and slush on top of the ice this morning. A lake around Aberdeen lost 4″ of snow on top of the ice from Tuesday to Thursday night and starting to get really slushy in spots. Going to check out the Webster, Roslyn area today. Will report back with more info later tonight.

Joe Thody
    Auburn, NE

Heading that way tonight. Better take my waders.

schoff
    S.E., SD

I am afraid it will go quick with the upcoming forecast, hope to get 2 more weeks but not so sure about that now. I hope Winnipeg stays cold for a few weeks yet…..

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Thanks for the replies! Good luck!

jjrieger61
    Northeast, SD

Just got back from bitter. Shorelines seem to be holding up well as of now. Went on at Bitter Lake Lodge and foubd a foot of water on the ice right at the access and goes for about 200 yards or so with a lot of gravel on the ice. 1-3″ of standing water on top of the ice everywhere else. Heavily used accesses will get dicey soon I’m thinking. Lots of guys pulling permies out yet though. Ice was still hard and found 22-28″

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Thanks! Maybe we will get some refreeze to extend the season a bit.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.