I found my unicorn today!!!

• MNdrifter
    Participant

I fired up the old Facebook today and at the top of the page I found an older lady posted for sale a Hummingbird Xi9 1521 transducer, case,shuttle for helix 7, power cord, and battery 2 minutes earlier for $125. First thought was scam, but I messaged and said I’d take it. I was skeptical until I got it in my hands! Mint condition, used only twice! Met ladies husband and he said he was newly retired, moving to Florida so selling all his ice fishing gear! Nice fellow. He said his wife’s messages were blowing up with people offering more money, so I didn’t even consider dickering on price lol. I feel like I won the lottery! Keep looking guys, hopefully there’s a unicorn for each one of us!!!!! 🦄

Attachments:
    1. 5A360125-014A-4B3B-B0AA-556545415E58-scaled.jpeg

MNdrifter
    Participant

Attachments:
    1. 982B02E0-D300-4427-AB9F-C76A6EC42232-scaled.jpeg

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

Beware of those deals. Kind of like a karma thing.

I saw an ad in the paper ( ya, I’m that old) for a jeep wagoner with 350 miles on it. Was the first to respond and get there. Sweet older lady and one of those deals where you have to sit have coffee/donuts. It was legitimate. Husband just bought it and had a heart attack/passed. After finding out we went to same church and knew mutual people, I was finally able to ask what she wanted for it. After all the lectures on how cars are two expensive and how hard it is for young people….she tells me 10k. No hesitation, took it.

Got home and the sales receipt was in the glove box at 35ish thousand. Don’t remember the exact. But that old man came back to haunt me. That was the third biggest POS I ever owned. Ended up just falling apart and off to the bone yard

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Thats awesome. I have a couple buddies looking for the same unicorn lol. It’s awesome finding good deals.

B-man
    Participant

What’s so special about it??

Just not available or is it normally really expensive?

MNdrifter
    Participant

What’s so special about it??

Just not available or is it normally really expensive?

Can’t get it. They never made any in 2021. Something to do with the epoxy for the transducer. Also it is a good deal, the “ice conversion” kit if it was available is $250 retail. People are selling just the transducer on eBay for 3-$400. I seen on a Hummingbird users page that they are putting 2023 on delivery dates of back orders! So everyone who bought a helix locator and want to turn them into ice fishing units need this transducer. People are scouring the earth for it. I immediately posted on the sale add that I will take it and that I pm’d the seller. I had 3 people message me on the side asking if I got the unit, and if so wondering if I’m willing to deal!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.