I Cried Today

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

And last 2 presidential candidates are lifetime politicians with decades in DC. In MN we have Warden Walz, Tina Smith, Ellison, all career politicians, bought and paid for, for decades now. And fwiw I could do the same for most Republicans as well.

^^^^ To me the 1st start in correcting the problem is short term limits on all politicians. I hear them say they need time to learn how the system works. I think what they mean is they need time to learn how to work the system !!!!

CaptainMusky

^^^^ To me the 1st start in correcting the problem is short term limits on all politicians. I hear them say they need time to learn how the system works. I think what they mean is they need time to learn how to work the system !!!!

100%! Why should the president be the only elected official with a term limit? These folks once elected acquire tremendous wealth at what a 100k a year salary? Tell me how someone like Pelosi or Walz can amass Millions in net worth on a salary like that? Those complaining about the corporations and ultra rich not doing their fair share well these politicians are amassing millions in wealth on our dime with all their Super Pacs and special interest all while making a modest salary.

CaptainMusky

Nothing you said about Donnie T had anything to do with my statements towards you or anyone else. Just so we are clear, I’m not a fan of his at all. As far as he goes, I wish he would just crawl in a hole and disappear till after the next presidential election. I believe you have said several times that you are not a fan of Joe Biden, but yet you most likely voted for him.

I am the same on Trump. I wish he wouldnt run again. I voted for him twice for his foreign policies, not being a career politician and his dont give a F attitude toward making America first and not kowtowing to China or somewhere else. If he would just keep his yapper shut and off of Twitter he would have likely gotten re-elected. Possibly did, but that is another argument for another day.
    His day has passed. Time for new blood and I hope DeSantis runs because that guy is no bones about it and done great things for Florida which is why so many are fleeing the Blue states to his.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

To be honest, there just hasn’t been any good choices for president in a rather long time. I hope both side’s can offer up much better choices in this next election.

Exactly how I feel when I fill out my ballot. These are the best people they can come up with? Its basically just the lesser of two evils the last several elections for me too. And the age of our political leaders is something that also bothers me. Its like they’re all very old. Maybe we can get some fresh meat in there next time around. Someone that is about 40 and more in touch with reality.

If the next presidential election is Biden vs Trump again, I’m doing a write in.

big_g
    Isle, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>
    Nothing you said about Donnie T had anything to do with my statements towards you or anyone else. Just so we are clear, I’m not a fan of his at all. As far as he goes, I wish he would just crawl in a hole and disappear till after the next presidential election. I believe you have said several times that you are not a fan of Joe Biden, but yet you most likely voted for him.

I am the same on Trump. I wish he wouldnt run again. I voted for him twice for his foreign policies, not being a career politician and his dont give a F attitude toward making America first and not kowtowing to China or somewhere else. If he would just keep his yapper shut and off of Twitter he would have likely gotten re-elected. Possibly did, but that is another argument for another day.
    His day has passed. Time for new blood and I hope DeSantis runs because that guy is no bones about it and done great things for Florida which is why so many are fleeing the Blue states to his.

I remember what he said before he ran… google that stuff… he told Oprah decades ago… when he was cool. Its a swamp and all sides are crooked. An honest hard worker will have no place in Washington, without 51% behind them.

CaptainMusky

I remember what he said before he ran… google that stuff… he told Oprah decades ago… when he was cool. Its a swamp and all sides are crooked. An honest hard worker will have no place in Washington, without 51% behind them.

Yep, they are all crooked that we can all agree on. Id never get elected to public office, but I would never do what these clowns do. Id make sure our borders are secure, America comes before anything else. Our infrastructure is brought up to standards and keep going after the fossil fuels because we need them regardless of going green.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I had a friend run and win for state congress back in the 90’s. He spent one term there and didn’t run again. When I asked him why he wasn’t running again, he said and I quote “St. Paul is no place for an honest person who wants to get something done”. doah I would imagine the same could be said for Washington on a grander scale. coffee

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

100% agree. Even though I was not a big fan of his. I think he did more for the country overall than Biden has or will. I’d like to see Desantis run along with one of the powerful republican women. Or even with a independent woman like Tulsi Gabbard.

Justin Donson

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Justin Donson wrote:</div>
    But since I said something mean about wittle Donnie T you somehow interpret ‘our government is crap’ as ‘Justin loves the government!’.

Nothing you said about Donnie T had anything to do with my statements towards you or anyone else. Just so we are clear, I’m not a fan of his at all. As far as he goes, I wish he would just crawl in a hole and disappear till after the next presidential election. I believe you have said several times that you are not a fan of Joe Biden, but yet you most likely voted for him. That is the same with me and Trump. To be honest, there just hasn’t been any good choices for president in a rather long time. I hope both side’s can offer up much better choices in this next election. Sadly its gotten to a point where people are no longer voting for a person, but a Party. This is the main reason we have the problems we do.

Sorry man, I must have mixed you up with someone else on the Trump stuff.

I voted for Biden, and also definitely thought he was probably the worst option coming out of the Democratic primaries. The DNC is an absolute joke. I’m nearly convinced their entire purpose is to actually lose to the conservative party in key elections. The problem is the Republicans are so inept they still lose lol.

They raise an F ton of money by convincing liberals and centrists that they are going to fight in Washington, and then lose to those mean old republicans who play dirty. Corporate donors line up so they can get the likes on social media and say, ‘hey, we tried backing the progressive candidates, just didn’t win this time.’ From a reputation perspective it may be better for them to publicly support the ‘progressive’ party, but from a business perspective it’s far better for the conservatives to be in office to keep bailing them out, giving them more tax breaks, etc. They win on both sides.

Seriously, I think they exist to be that ‘better option’ than the conservative party to most Americans, with no actual intention of changing anything. But if they can be the ‘better option’, they can ensure that an actual progressive party doesn’t get enough momentum that will stop that gravy train from rolling.

Couldn’t agree more about term limits for politicians! It’s a joke how old most of our senators are. AVERAGE age of 64?!?! Grassley and Feinstein are almost 90 F’n years old. Do you spend a lot of time with 70, 80, and 90 year olds? Chances are you’re talking with your brothers and sisters and asking whether it’s still safe for them to operate a motor vehicle, yet they are making the laws and setting the agenda for the country….

You can’t be younger than 25 to be in congress or younger than 35 to be president, so why can’t we put an upper bound on those ages?

Maybe ranked choice voting can pick up some steam, that’d help a ton. Probably will never happen at a national level as it makes too much sense. The most popular candidates FOR US CITIZENS would have too good of a chance of getting elected.

Justin Donson

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Justin Donson wrote:</div>
    Like I said before, and what progressive/liberal minded citizens seem to be much more capable of admitting, clean house in Washington.

Yeah, the Liberals are doing a great job of that. We have them colluding against Bernie and Tulsi in the primary. And last 2 presidential candidates are lifetime politicians with decades in DC

Liberal citizens BW, citizens. You’re absolutely right that Bernie got totally screwed, but it wasn’t by liberal citizens. It was by DNC ‘leadership’. Tulsi never had a shot anyways, but Bernie was BY FAR the most popular candidate and they absolutely colluded against him. Why? Because he represented a kink in the political profiteering gravy train hose that they’ve been riding for the last 30 years.

My point was that a much larger percent of people who voted for Biden will tell you he has serious faults and isn’t getting enough done.

What percent of conservatives were willing to do that during his term? He could have crapped on your head and you’d applaud him for giving out free hats. It’s a legit cult. There isn’t anything remotely similar surrounding Biden.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Biden is getting nothing done other than spending… he claims all these “new jobs” he created… the exact ones replacing the business that Covid shut down through mandated tyrannical treatment. The real harm is the stuff he has undone, like make our border a joke and allowing all the human trafficking and drug trafficking at record levels. His pull out of Afghanistan alone should have landed his azz in Gitmo. It’s not funny when people start losing their lives blocks from the border in Texas. flame

BTW.. when I say Biden, I am talking about Susan Rice and Obama… the puppeteers. Biden can’t change his own diaper. “I got’s hairy legs…”

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

I cry when someone with an $800,000 home with a 60 to 80,000 truck and numerous toys complain about taxes. Generally just a statement. I think WE way may have to charge you more for the services we provide.

Jason

I cry when someone with an $800,000 home with a 60 to 80,000 truck and numerous toys complain about taxes.

It sounds like you just described a whole bunch of dually educated married couples within the state. You should be thanking them because they are the ones supporting the government’s excessive spending.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I cry when someone with an $800,000 home with a 60 to 80,000 truck and numerous toys complain about taxes. Generally just a statement. I think WE way may have to charge you more for the services we provide.

What makes you laugh?

Viewing 14 posts - 181 through 194 (of 194 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.