I cant remember a more beautiful Spring

• fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

We havent had problems with mosquitos YET. I know that as I type this we are doomed to get attacked.

The only place I’ve had a issue with them is my back yard while mowing. My back yard is next to a wetland so the mosquitos are to be expected. Got bit up fairly good last night out there. I already hate mowing and getting eaten up does not help.

MX1825
    Participant

Nice weather here in SW WI but need rain bad. We’ve had maybe an inch in the last month.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

The only place I’ve had a issue with them is my back yard while mowing. My back yard is next to a wetland so the mosquitos are to be expected. Got bit up fairly good last night out there. I already hate mowing and getting eaten up does not help.

Yeah, I have seen some but havent been bitten yet. If you are near the watab creek or the golf course I cannot imagine how many there are around there. We are nowhere near water other than the mississippi but they dont hatch in moving water that I am aware of.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Last night at leagues the mosquitos were the worst I’ve ever dealt with. Bug spray attracted bigger and meaner ones. The only safe plan was to go 30 in the boat. Otherwise we were covered

LOL no wonder you didn’t do so good in the league last night. Had to constantly haul ass around the lake to avoid the plague of locusts! chased

KPE
    Participant
    River Falls, WI

I didn’t see a single mosquito last summer at my house (okay maybe 1 or two) but I was getting bit up planting my garden last night.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

LOL no wonder you didn’t do so good in the league last night. Had to constantly haul ass around the lake to avoid the plague of locusts!

Speed trolling!

Charles
    Participant

Sure glad I sold me boat this year lol.

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

Speaking of mosquitos we have never seen them as bad as they were last weekend at our place in NW wisconsin last weekend. Just brutal. We’ll see what happens.

LabDaddy1
    Participant

I actually remember hearing on AM radio late winter/early spring that they said the experts were predicting one of the worst years for mosquitoes in history. Sounds like I’m not alone in confirming it!

On the flip side i suppose it will be a banner year for bats, nighthawks and dragon flies! Lol

queenswake
    Participant
    NULL

For bugs, I’ve got the Ryobi battery powered fans that I’ll be taking up north for sitting around the fire, etc. Put one pointed at the feet and another pointed at my head. At home on the patio, I’ve got a drum fan I’ll be using. See if this works.

10klakes
    Participant

Had the brilliant idea to mow my lawn quick last night at 8pm… That was fun. speed mowing!

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

Funny, last weekend whenever I entered the shade, all day long, and stood still I would get swarmed. It was like Pirates of the Caribbean.

Attachments:
    1. Pirate.jpg

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

NOAA has reported that its now been 12 days since MSP has recorded any measurable rain. The record, since 1894, is 15 days without rain in the month of May. If we get through Tuesday without any rain, it will be a new record in the month of May.

Quite a reversal from March and April. The faucet has completely shut off.

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

NOAA has reported that its now been 12 days since MSP has recorded any measurable rain. The record, since 1894, is 15 days without rain in the month of May. If we get through Tuesday without any rain, it will be a new record in the month of May.

Quite a reversal from March and April. The faucet has completely shut off.

Not sure about MSP but the forecast for here in the St Cloud area only has 2 days with rain in the forecast between now and June 9th. Those days are Next Tues. and Wed. and its only a 40% chance at this time. If we don’t get rain from now till past June 9th, That will be one long dry spell. I think another summer of real low water conditions is a great possibility at this point

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

I went from mowing everything (~2 acres) once every 5 days and it still being overgrown, to now probably not mowing anything for the next 2 weeks or so. My lawn and trails are all probably 5″ long and I’m not touching them to burn it off.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

Mosquitoes have already improved here as well. With high skies and 80 degree sun every single day they quickly retreated to the woods except for the evening and early AM. 2 weeks ago they just feasted 24 hours a day.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Not sure about MSP but the forecast for here in the St Cloud area only has 2 days with rain in the forecast between now and June 9th. Those days are Next Tues. and Wed. and its only a 40% chance at this time. If we don’t get rain from now till past June 9th, That will be one long dry spell. I think another summer of real low water conditions is a great possibility at this point

Ya it’s not looking good in the near future, that’s for sure.

Viewing 17 posts - 31 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.