Hunting boots

• buck-slayer
    Participant

Need a new pair. Used to use boot blankets and loved them but their big and bulky and take up to much room in my pack. Looking for some that will keep my feet warm for hours on stand. I’m a puss when it comes to cold. Have to walk half mile to some of my stands.

Snap
    Participant

IMO, good old fashioned sorrells are hard to beat for warmth if you don’t have to walk too far. I can sit all day on the frozen ice with them on and stay warm. They work in a deer blind too. Half mile walk might be pushing it depending on terrain. But they might be worth checking out.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Need a new pair. Used to use boot blankets and loved them but their big and bulky and take up to much room in my pack. Looking for some that will keep my feet warm for hours on stand. I’m a puss when it comes to cold. Have to walk half mile to some of my stands.

Sounds like Baffins or bunny (mickey) boots are what you need. I love my Baffin Impacts. If you have the money, get Baffins, if you are frugal, bunny (or Mickey) boots are top notch.

If you ever go to Alsaska or chat with someone up there, these two boots will be in every home!

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

A pair of Rockys or Danners with sufficient insulation will be more comfortable than a pair of Sorels. They will also be lighter too. If I was ONLY going to use them for deer hunting in a stand, I would select a pair with at least 800 grams of insulation.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Participant
    Prescott

Get an IWOM.

I can’t wait for cold weather to use mine!

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

I like a pair of 800g Irish Setters with a good sock system, they are versatile too for use in the early season or bird hunting. But if you’re looking for straight warmth Baffins/bunny’s are going to be your best bet.

Youbetcha
    Participant
    Anoka County

Recently got some lacrosse alphaburly pros and they seem like they will be awesome for most of the bow season. Would be worth looking into.

Glenn
    Participant
    Eden Prairie, MN

I bought these last year and love them. Paired with a medium weight wool sock and I’m good as long as I want to stay out.

catmando
    Participant
    wis

I hear you you get cold feet. If you want your feet to stay warm, you need insulation, and that’s bulk. Sorrels,Bunny, Iceman, I have tried many hunting boots that have the insulation but are lacking with souls of the boot you can feel the cold creep from the bottom while in your climber, I sit from dark to dark in my climber, its a heavy winter boot that keeps my feet warm. DK.

mnfisherman18
    Participant

Irish setter (Red wing) makes a high quality boot. I have 800 gram Havoc’s that work well.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.