Hummingbird help

• timschmitz
    Waconia MN

I have to update my gen 3 helix 12 so that I’m able to use my mega live transducer and so far my attempts to do so have failed. I’m 100% sure that I’m not doing something correctly since I’m technically challenged outside of actually using my graphs. If anyone in the west metro could load the updates on a sd card and help me install them onto my graph I would take that person out for a day of Muskie fishing on waconia whenever you’d like. I’m leaving for South Dakota on Wednesday morning so tonight or tomorrow would help immensely.

dhpricco
    Twin Cities, MN

What size SD card are you using? I know when I have done it in the past it is pretty pick that it needs to be under 32GB or smaller card. Are you getting the file to show up on the SD card?

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

I had issues also. Called a buddy that rep’s for Humminbird. He told me to add the current Base map to the card along with the Helix update. It’s a big download. Once I added that to the SD card the update went as intended.

I also learned that you can load up all the updates if you have different units to the SD card. And the unit being updated will select the correct update for that unit.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.