Humminbird Target Lock, Damn

• Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

I just contacted my salesman and told him I need this on my new rig.
    He said they have 5 on order and he will try and get my name on one.
    Fingers crossed.

MNdrifter
    Participant

Fingers crossed.

Good luck EPG! Hopefully you get one. I’d like to see something like this in action!

Charles
    Participant

Fingers crossed.

If you get it let me know, I would like to see this thing in action.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

For those who can afford it, enjoy. As a friend says, ‘I’m not that mad at the fish.”

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

Definitely another technical advantage over the fish.

Gitchi Gummi
    Participant

Hopefully all these fancy electronics aren’t a detriment to our fisheries in the long term.

JasonP
    Participant
    Twin Cities

I just didn’t have the patience to get to the point of that video. Might have been the accent. coffee

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

I just didn’t have the patience to get to the point of that video. Might have been the accent. coffee

It was…

Rodwork
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

Not as bad as I thought it would be.

MEGA Live TargetLock, the package that includes the MEGA Live Transducer, TargetLock steering assembly, wireless foot pedal, heading sensor, ethernet cable, power cable, mounting bracket and hardware, sells for $2,999.99.

The MEGA Live TargetLock Adapter Kit that includes TargetLock steering assembly, wireless foot pedal, heading sensor, ethernet cable, power cable, mounting bracket and hardware (no MEGA Live transducer) sells for $1,499.99.

Additional Humminbird MEGA Live TargetLock accessories will be available, including a MEGA Live TargetLock and MEGA 360 Dual Mount that allows anglers to utilize both MEGA Live TargetLock and MEGA 360 simultaneously for $199.99, and the MEGA Live TargetLock remote for $109.99.

Gitchi Gummi
    Participant

For those who can afford it, enjoy. As a friend says, ‘I’m not that mad at the fish.”

lol. that boat has more $$$ hanging off the front end of it than my old boat, trailer, and truck cost combined.

chuck100
    Participant
    Platteville,Wi.

More technology to give you fits.

dirtywater
    Participant

Tech needs to slow down, lol. I’m still learning how to read SI and just got i-Pilot with spotlock this year. I’ll be checking this new stuff out in 2030.

ganderpike
    Participant
    Alexandria

I wonder if we’ll reach a point where the tech grows faster than batteries realistically can? Maybe they can install an AI that says “you’re welcome” when you catch the 30”er.

Very impressive tech and the guys with the coin should love it. More power to em, can’t wait to see some better videos.

Charles
    Participant

Hopefully all these fancy electronics aren’t a detriment to our fisheries in the long term.

You know though, is it really that bad? Look how many people have wheel house’s now and just sit on the crappie/walleye holes all winter long taking limits out over and over vs something like this.

JasonP
    Participant
    Twin Cities

More technology to give you fits.

Bingo. Or – for the fisherman who loves tech more than fishing.

Gitchi Gummi
    Participant

You know though, is it really that bad? Look how many people have wheel house’s now and just sit on the crappie/walleye holes all winter long taking limits out over and over vs something like this.

Totally agree with you. I’d put wheelhouses in the same category of “technological advancements” that are potentially going to be a detriment to our fisheries in the long term.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

I just found out after 3 years that my Terrova has bluetooth! I thought I would use my mega DI at the bow more but I prefer fishing in the back of my boat more.
    If you cast at fish a lot, it’s pretty sweet! At this point in my life, I go fishing to relax first, catch second. No clocks, no schedules, no stress. I imagine you need another $2k in batteries to run all this tech. Pretty neat I guess if that’s your thing?

Tom P.
    Participant
    Whitehall Wi.

There has been a few guys on different forums that took an old trolling motor with spot lock pulled the motor off and used it with Livescope, Mega Live etc. Ended up much cheaper then what Hbird is asking.

canoebasser
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

This tech has been going on for a few years now, well at least when Garmin Livescope came out. Livescanner, Rite Hite, and DIY have already made this tech. Humminbird just trying to catch up

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

Make this and future tech affordable and available to the masses then watch the fish disappear. I think it eventually needs to be regulated. Maybe not keep fish when using high tech? They certainly have many limitations when hunting to avoid overharvest. Maybe we’ll see some of the same for fishing?

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

For the boat you are buying, why not just go with the terrova ?
    Why are you going cable drive ?

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

Ultrex is the only model that Target Lock is compatible with.
    BTW – you sound like Sheldon. LOL

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

Ultrex is the only model that Target Lock is compatible with.
    BTW – you sound like Sheldon. LOL

Sheldon is a smart man. I thought you just said target lock was not compatible with it.
    I was just curious why your going ultrex over anything else. Only curious. I don’t run anything minnkota any ways lol curiosities were killing this cat. I don’t know what any of its compatible with. None of it peaks my interest.

Browndog
    Participant
    Omaha, NE

I just with they could get the image to be on par with Garmin. Panoptix is leaps and bounds ahead of MEGA live IMO.

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

Taking back my Target Lock today.
    I’ll give it a year for HB to iron out the wrinkles.

MX1825
    Participant

Taking back my Target Lock today.
    I’ll give it a year for HB to iron out the wrinkles.

Always seems like rush, rush to be 1st to market.
    Update after update to get the bugs out. Companies should combine with Raid. whistling
    Kinda what set Marcum on their death spiral.

Iowaboy1
    Participant

Long before target lock and whatnot came out, I would have the FW snorkel around structure and she would release a breath of air that would tell me where the fish were.
    I would then cast just ahead of where I saw the bubbles come up and usually do pretty good at catching fish until one day a bunch of bubbles came up and I casted to the spot and hit her in the back of the head with the jig I was using.
    Seems that bunch of bubbles was just a ways back of where they should of come up normally.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.