humminbird ice ducer.

• chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

I put a Helix5 g2\gps on my boat this spring and want to use it on the ice.I can’t seem to find an ice transducer {big surprise].I need the xi-9-1521.
    I’m wondering if any one has any ideas i may not have thought of on where to possibly track one down.If someone by chance has a used one i would be interested.

Kirk Charipar
    west central wi

factoryoutletstore.com

Attachments:
    1. Capture_2021-10-17-17-44-58.png

ejdelvo28

I’ve been searching long and hard for one for my Helix 7. Be wary of online stores who claim to have them, like the one above- most are simply selling you a drop-shipped item on backorder which means you won’t have it for months. The best option is to contact them and find out if they actually have the item. I found one buried deep in the depths of Amazon that ended up being legit. Best of luck.

Mr Big Eves
    Prior Lake, MN

I put orders in for Scheels, Cabela’s and Gander and waited it out. Cabela’s ended up winning, which took about a month. Then I canceled the other orders. You may get lucky and find one in stock, but it’s a roll of the dice. I am guessing there is a ton of back orders already placed, so they never hit the shelves.

BackwaterICE

you’d be better off just buying a new helix ice unit vs trying to buy the transducer separate right now

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Well i found ONE.I hopefully will see it in 5-7 days.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

My hard to find transducer showed up today,earlier than expected.

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

I have both the xi9-20 and xi9-1521 on helix 5 gen 2 chirp gps. I don’t know if it’s a fluke or not but I seem to get better images and clearer separation on the one with the 9 20. It’s a non chirp transducer and it was from my old gen 1 that I sold with out the ice ducer. I didn’t even think it would work on the gen 2 chirp but it was just sitting there and I had two helix 5 gen 2s so I threw it together for my daughter to use and to my surprise for me it worked better. Just thought if you can’t find the chirp and it’s getting close to ice time the 9 20 will work with a chirp graph. I see the factory outlet store has them in stock. I cut the extra rubber tube off it and I now use this one more then the 9-1521

BackwaterICE

the 9-1521 just gives you more options/chirp. you’re right the 9-20 will work fine but lacks a bit when you go beyond the auto/out of box setup

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.