humminbird helix 8 g4n / terrova 2014 model I pilot link problems.

• Kevin Bucner

So I updated the sonar on the boat to a Humminbird helix 8 and I have a 2014 terrova motor on the boat.
    I got the 30 ft network extension cable to extend the cable from the terrova to the helix and the adaptor from minnkota net to helix net.
    When I powered the helix I got a msg on the screen that I pilot link connected.
    So then yesterday I was on the lake and tried to tell the terrova to go to a waypoint and it doesn’t do it.
    If I go in the menu of the helix at networking I don’t see the minnkota.
    The only thing that shows is if I press autopilot on the minnkota remote it shows on the helix screen.
    I tried using the remote to tell it to go to a waypoint from the helix and the remote is looking for waypoints and then says error uploading waypoints or something like that.
    So it looks like they don’t communicate at all.
    The Helix is a 2021 and the terrova is 2014.
    Anybody ran into this problem?

Kevin Bucner

I think I solved the problem, I updated the Ilink controller and the remote on the terrova and I tested it on land and seems to work. Remote was able to see waypoints from helix and I was able to send the minnkota to a waypoint .
    Will see tomorrow on the lake.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Very glad you got it worked out. Most issues are resolved with propper software versions completely installed on all parts that are involved. I’ve been down that road many years ago with the 987cSI back in late 2005 (this was the VERY first side imaging unit out for all finders).

I think I solved the problem, I tested it on land and seems to work.

Say what? shock Wow I think HB needs you in their R&D department!! jester

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

Denny, Bottomline had a sidefinder years ago. if memory serves it was available back in the 1990’s. That technology was bought by Humminbird.

Attachments:
    1. BottomLinde-SideFinder.gif

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Denny, Bottomline had a sidefinder years ago. if memory serves it was available back in the 1990’s. That technology was bought by Humminbird.

Tim you are very correct that HB purchased the Bottom Line brand. And I purchased the HD version of the Bottom Line about a 9″ screen. The side finder that you show is prior to my knowledge of them having a SI.

Lol the screen that you are showing looks to be like an Atari version in comparison, bet that was the evolution at the time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.