Hub Lights Search – compact and lightweight

• PikeFishman
    St. Paul, MN

Does anyone have recommendations for compact and lightweight lights for a hub house? I have a couple but are a bit bulky and am trying to find something smaller for a trip I have coming up where we’re trying to pack light. Thanks!

404 ERROR
    MN

Trophy Angler makes a nice dome style light for a hub, works well and they’re under $20.

Ryan Wilson

I use led strip lights, through a dimmer, attached to the overhead poles. I plug those into a battery box I built but you can also get small power packs that will fit in a pocket and run off regular batteries. You can’t get much more lightweight or compact than LED strips.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I also use an LED strip that I attach to a spare flasher battery using alligator clips. I use this in my flip over shack and it works great but it would work well too in a hub. just like Ryan said just attach them to the poles using zip strips or velcro

ozzyky
    On water

I use the led strips in my hub with zip ties and run to a small battery works slick.( think it was made by otter) Just have them placed in a spot where they don’t bend when breaking down the shack.

Tom Dace

I use what is called a “Might D Light.” It’s foldable, rechargeable has built in hangers, and runs around $25. I have three of them and we use them for everything all year long. It avoids having the deal with wires and bringing out a dedicated power source plus when folded up it fits in a decent sized pocket.

gotalunker
    Zimmerman, MN

I do exactly what most of the above posts suggest: led light strip permanently attached to the overhead poles with a wire that follows the poles down to the ice where I hookup to my powerbox that has a dimmer installed.

Savage Brewer
    Savage, MN

I would go with a couple of these, add in a fog machine and a couple strobes and then you would have a proper hub party!

Platinum Spot Light

Just kidding, I have used a couple of Black Diamond LED camping lights and then a Clam ring light that has a fan in the middle before.
    With LED’s being so power efficient and reasonably priced there are a ton of options.

I do have to say theres something nostalgic about the hiss of a white gas lantern and the hum of a flasher at night.

PikeFishman
    St. Paul, MN

I would go with a couple of these, add in a fog machine and a couple strobes and then you would have a proper hub party!

Now that sounds like a good time!

nu98walleye

I have this clam hub light. Small, compact & super bright. I connect it right to my vexilar battery. price is a bit steep at $50 but i would buy another if i lost the one i have currently.

fyi it fits other hub houses besides clam…. i use it in my Otter Resort.

Attachments:
    1. clam-hub-light.png

topdawg1817

These lights are really great and easy to setup.

OTTER PRO XTREME DUTY LED LIGHT KIT

travis mccolley

I have this clam hub light. Small, compact & super bright. I connect it right to my vexilar battery. price is a bit steep at $50 but i would buy another if i lost the one i have currently.

fyi it fits other hub houses besides clam…. i use it in my Otter Resort.

I have one of these in my otter resort as well.

Lights the entire hub up

Wharf Rat
    Mahtomedi

I just picked this work light up from Menards. It’s rechargeable and packs flat. It weighs about three pounds so not crazy heavy and it’s really bright.
    Run time is about 10 hours on low setting. Haven’t used it yet but I like the versatility so hopefully it works in a hub. If it doesn’t I will just use it in my garage when working since I needed one anyway. Should also be useful when setting up or tearing down in the dark.

https://www.fleetfarm.com/store/detail/powersmith-1800-lumen-green-rechargeable-led-work-light/0000000310258/3100?gclid=CjwKCAiA9efgBRAYEiwAUT-jtIxoPJRWH-pfXzAUDCoxG_ykJ1ClGdNqGBBiCh4XabVk1oX_SPIY_hoCQxgQAvD_BwE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.