How to rid the smell of spilt whiskey from truck

• Tom Schultz
    Participant

I left a new bottle of bloody mary mix once in the back of the truck overnight in -30* weather. Took a professional detailing to get that stench out of there, it was BAD.

Bass Thumb
    Participant
    Royalton, MN

Shampooer and some homemade carpet cleaner. Lots of good recipes online.

Swimjiggin
    Participant
    Burnsville/Willmar

Looks like a set of weather tech is in your future. Curious tho, you have a hump on the floor in the backseat in that Ram ? My kids 22 1/2 ton Rebel doesn’t. Which I thought was different.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Looks like a set of weather tech is in your future. Curious tho, you have a hump on the floor in the backseat in that Ram ? My kids 22 1/2 ton Rebel doesn’t. Which I thought was different.

Yes it has the hump on the floor between seats. Weather tech floor Matt’s and no drill mud flaps have been ordered for 2 weeks, just haven’t appeared yet.

sliderfishn
    Participant
    Blaine, MN

I had the exact thing happen to my Silverado. A month old truck and coming back from a family trip to the Black Hills. Bought a bottle for my neighbors birthday, left it in the truck after unpacking, only to open the drivers door the next day to the smell of whiskey. Cork came out..
    Cleaned what I could, an entire bottle of febreze, and airing it out. Smelled that whiskey for a month or so, it eventually went away.
    Sorry for your loss.

KPE
    Participant
    River Falls, WI

My cousin vomited an entire liter of fireball into the back seat of his own truck. Took it to a detailer and had them clean er out. Heppner’s in Woodbury, I believe. Glad it was his own truck he decided to yak in and not mine!

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

My cousin vomited an entire liter of fireball into the back seat of his own truck. Took it to a detailer and had them clean er out. Heppner’s in Woodbury, I believe. Glad it was his own truck he decided to yak in and not mine!

My buddies wife projectile puked on his dash and down his defrost vents once after he had to pick her up from the bar, she was hammered. He sold the truck after multiple professionals couldn’t rid the smell when the heat came on

3Rivers
    Participant

Drive it around town at 50 in a 30 at about 2am. That should take care of it for a while.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

My buddies wife projectile puked on his dash and down his defrost vents

That happened at a party house in college, as if the house didn’t smell bad enough already. Good news was that house was so drafty you had to block the wind to light a…candle..it kept fresh air circulating.

FinickyFish
    Participant

As mentioned before Ozone generator for the overall smell along with a spot treatment of your choice. Baking soda and vinigar works well and generally doesn’t stain.

LabDaddy1
    Participant

Drive it around town at 50 in a 30 at about 2am. That should take care of it for a while.

Award-worthy comment, sir.

And bearcat, that is disgusting…

Jim Clark
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Try Scent Killer…You know, the stuff hunters spray on their clothes…
    The company used to claim they would spray it in the factory when they had overfilled bottles of skunk scent…???

KPE
    Participant
    River Falls, WI

My buddies wife projectile puked on his dash and down his defrost vents once after he had to pick her up from the bar, she was hammered. He sold the truck after multiple professionals couldn’t rid the smell when the heat came on

Oh man the old vent trick! Had a buddy do that, again into his own vents. He was in the pass. seat with a sober cab who was very irritated. Tony had a mouthful ready to spew and we all started hollering and our driver was like “Stop yelling I’m trying to drive” and then a few seconds later he couldn’t hold it anymore. Straight into his vents. “Oohhh, that’s why you guys kept yelling to pull over”. LOL

I jumped out of an Uber once in my younger years because I didn’t want to spew in that guy’s car. He wasn’t quite stopped yet, I just jumped out and let it go in the road. Walked the rest of the way home. He gave me 5 stars as a passenger at any rate.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.