How to prevent injury while hunting?

• Iowaboy1
    Participant

I should have followed the advice a little better but it doesnt mention hearing protection, safety glasses and a few other things.
    The article had me so scared of going outside to hunt I just sat at home with my Remi ll hunnert pointed out of the window.
    A big buck came strolling through the yard and I backed away from the window so I didnt scare it off and this is where the trouble started.

When he came into view I was sitting a ways back in my living room, I took aim and touched off my old Remi.
    The buck fell in its tracks, I stood up and immediately noticed my curtains were on fire and the wall around the window was covered in powder burns, not only that the blast concussion blew out the rest of the window.
    Sparkles wasnt real happy as she was sitting on the couch when I took the shot, this is where the predator part kicked in.
    She leapt off of the couch with her hair on the right side still smoking and beat me with my own gun.

So now I have to replace a 5×8 window, the curtains, the couch, repaint the wall and part of the ceiling, and I have to pay for her to get a new haircut, along with that a danged hearing aid!!
    My advice to anyone reading such a thread as this should take into account EVERY possibility when scared out of your wits to not go outside to hunt.
    I have learned my lesson well, from now on I will continue to hunt outside and not worry about wearing a helmet although I should have as a Remi stock upside the head is a painful thing to endure, not so much the first blow but the other thirty five following it.

I also kinda wish I had knee pads on as that would be one less thing hurting after she shoved the barrel, uh, family site, I will quit now.

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

rotflol rotflol smash smash hah chased

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

rotflol rotflol smash smash hah chased

Denny O
    Participant
    Central IOWA

Wait finish the story,

What about the barrel and the butt of the gun?
    rotflol devil

MX1825
    Participant

ib1 I’m assuming you had to buy sparkles some undergarments also? whistling

Mike Gioia
    Participant

It’s hard to decipher if this is serious or not. Likely to be bitten by a wild dog?
    This might be some college experiment or something to see how others react

Don Meier
    Participant
    Butternut Wisconsin

LOL Those knee pads do help when stalking in Wyoming . Damn cactus ! Bitten by a wild dog ? The Dingo ate my baby ? A rabid coyote or fox ? Or just in the local junkyard dog ?

Mookie Blaylock
    Participant
    Wright County, MN

Looks like an AI like ChatGPT.

Sorry to ruin the joke.

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

Iowaboy?? rotflol

Attachments:
    1. FB_IMG_1677196763281.jpg

Iowaboy1
    Participant

Glenn, the only time I ever lost anyone was when I either tried spam and hamms or ate some of EPG’s chilli and,, well,,,,, sometimes its not always good to follow the leader.
    Whats that old saying?? unless you are the lead dog the view never changes??

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

Glenn, the only time I ever lost anyone was when I either tried spam and hamms or ate some of EPG’s chilli and,, well,,,,, sometimes its not always good to follow the leader.
    Whats that old saying?? unless you are the lead dog the view never changes??

waytogo rotflol rotflol rotflol

duh queen
    Participant

This poser (Edison) is just the latest in a string of would-be influencers. A little research shows him posting out of San Francisco(need I say More?) on all matter of topics he apparently knows little about. Rather than being an influencer, I’m of the opinion he’s more than likely under the influence.

jwellsy
    Participant

This poser (Edison) is just the latest in a string of would-be influencers. A little research shows him posting out of San Francisco(need I say More?)

That explains the knee pads.
    I’m surprised he/she forgot to include wearing a mask even when your alone.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.