How to prevent injury while hunting?

• EdisonKate
    Inactive

Many people likes hunting, winter is coming, it is very important for hunters to pay attention to safety when hunting. Next, I will introduce some tips to prevent people from being hurt when hunting.

1. Don’t hunt alone

Whenever possible, you should hunt with at least one partner so that if either of you has an accident, the other can help you or seek professional help. An uncomplicated injury like a sprained ankle can quickly turn into a life-threatening situation if you are alone in a dangerous situation without a partner.

If you’re hunting in unfamiliar terrain, working with a companion is double the efficiency. Working together with your companions, you can get better chances and a better experience in the hunting process.

If you prefer to hunt alone, at the very least, you should tell families or friends that you are going out for hunting, and tell others when and where you are hunting. You should also report safety to the person after the hunt is over. If you’re injured, you definitely don’t want to be stuck outside without anyone knowing where you are.

2. Protect your body and hands

When you go hunting in the wild, be sure to protect your hands as you are likely to be bitten by a wild dog during the hunt, and of course it’s fine if you go hunting in heavy winter clothing. If not, put gloves on your hands.

Not only do you need to protect your prey from biting you, but you also need to pay attention to cold protection. You can choose the appropriate winter clothing according to different weather conditions: if you often wear long-sleeved T-shirts for outdoor activities, consider wearing a cotton, windproof, waterproof and cold-resistant cold clothing; if you often wear thick clothes for outdoor activities, consider wrapping the cold clothing over the limbs or using cotton lining to prevent frostbite and injury caused by cold weather. It’s very useful for hunting wherever you are.

In addition, it is necessary to keep the hands warm, because if the hands are cold, it is easy to cause insufficient blood supply to the hands and become stiff. Moreover, if the hands are cold, it is easy to cause the cold of the body, which can easily cause inconvenience of movement. Maybe you can bring an Ocoopa rechargeable hand warmer to keep your hands warm. Due to its excellent performance, it can last up to 15 hours continuously, so using it to keep your hands warm while hunting is a very good choice!

3. What should be paid attention to when entering the area where the prey lives

Wear knee pads and a helmet when entering an area inhabited by prey. Putting on knee pads and a helmet first can not only protect against the cold to a certain extent, but more importantly, it can protect your personal safety from being violated.

The above are the tips that you need to pay attention to for safety when hunting, I hope it will help you!

Attachments:
    1. ocoopa1.jpg

Snake ii’s
    Participant

I likes hunting, too.
    I hunt alone for the most part – I think i’m safer that way. I’ve had more close calls when hunting with others than by myself.

Jake Thelen
    Participant
    Medford, MN

This is pure gold.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

May as well keep that helmet on 24/7…

mark-bruzek
    Participant
    Two Harbors, MN

This is everything that is wrong with society today…

Get out of your New York apartment and live a little dude, wait scratch that stay right there and leave us alone while we handle $hit.

deertracker
    Participant

The best way to prevent injury while hunting? Don’t hunt. Save the animals!
    DT

Reef W
    Participant

I have been neglecting my wild dog protections

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

I sprained my ankle bad WHILE hunting alone years ago. Its a miracle I am still here and able to type this msg…..I sure hope my safety isn’t violated this weekend for not wearing knee pads and a helmet.

Iowaboy1
    Participant

Sounds like the dude needs to lay off of the 8EFE28AEBA5BFD44 !!!

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

My biggest fear is being violated by prey.

IceNEyes1986
    Participant
    Harris, MN

I think I’m going to just stay home from now on… I can’t afford to be bitten by a dog while shuffling through the Wild Bramble without my helmet & knee pads.. doah

Iowaboy1
    Participant

My biggest fear is being violated by prey.

Ya just gotta be more picky about the cougars you choose to shoot at.

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

I don’t hunt because it’s too dangerous.

But when I sit on the couch and watch TV this is how I protect myself and it seems to be working so far.

EDIT – Dang! It won’t display the pic

MX1825
    Participant

Anyone got a screwdriver? I think someone could use it. whistling

Jeremy
    Participant
    Richland County, WI

Vodka and orange juice won’t help that possible spammer

MX1825
    Participant

Vodka and orange juice won’t help that possible spammer

I was thinking more on the line of a screw loose. doah

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

WTF IS THIS.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

WTF IS THIS.

Ha! The dude posted several of these keep searching for some entertainment.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

I broke rule 1 at least a dozen times this year, but I like to live dangerously… rotflol

JEREMY
    Participant
    BP

I used to like when my prey wore knee pads. Heck a helmet on her head would have been a good spot to set my beer.

Brian G
    Participant
    Independence, MN

Clearly an advertisement for the handwarmers.

tegg
    Participant
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

JD Winston appearance???

Pailofperch
    Participant
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

There were several times in last two weeks while hunting in unfamiliar terrain I was concerned of being violated from prey. Prey were all around me. Glad I was up in a tree and out of reach for I had forgotten my knee pads and helmet. I did manage to stay warm. I brought with several packages of ™Grabber° hand warmer. They weren’t getting hot enough. But after lighting them on fire I warmed up and the smell also scared away the prey. waytogo

matt
    Participant

I didnt wear my gloves to protect my hands a couple of seasons ago and I am still recovering from the wild dog that bit me.Never make that mistake again.

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

How did I miss this ??? jester jester jester jester jester

CaptainMusky
    Participant

How did I miss this ??? >

There were 2 or 3 others around the same time. Look for those too!

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Do we need to start a thread checking in on everyone to make sure we made it thru the season? Hopefully helmets and gloves were worn, and saved a few!

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

I’ll be out tomorrow evening, I’ll make sure to wear gloves so no animals bite my fingers. I have a snowmobile helmet just incase the animal wants to bite my head

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Participant
    Prescott

Wear snow camo to prevent being chased by predators

Attachments:
    1. IMG_9429.jpg

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.