How many follow professional Bass Fishing?

• fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

Both Minnesota guys over 20 Lbs and in the top 10. Who says the Minnesota fishermen can’t catch them down South !!!

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

I saw earlier that several 8+ pound fish were already caught. Lake Fork produces some massive bucket mouths.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

If you didn’t catch over 20 lbs your are out of this tournament. That’s how good Fork is every year.

Walleye Man42
    Participant

36 boats with over 20lbs on the first day. A lot of anglers saying that they thought they would of caught them better. Maybe tomorrow it will show off with a bunch of 30lb bags.

Joe Jarl
    Participant
    SW Wright County

Livesay is having a day. 42lbs+ in the livewell. doah

Joe Jarl
    Participant
    SW Wright County

Just looked at it again. He’s caught 10 fish for 61lbs!

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

It’s crazy. Last tourney it only took like 43lbs of total weight for 4 days and he got close to that in just the final day. Just crazy!!!! That’s why Fork is one in not the best bass lake in the country.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Looks like another Elite Event starting today at Neely Henry Lake. I’m not familiar with this lake. Evidently its another reservoir they call a lake on the Coosa River, just east of Birmingham, AL. There is a dam at the south end that is the fishing boundary but I am not sure how far north they can go. 15 pounds daily is a good weight. The event was delayed by a day because of high water and heavy rainfall earlier this week. As of day 1, Seth Feider has a 5 fish limit and is in 4th place. Additionally, he is in first place in the AOY Standings going into the tournament.

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

The tourney this week got delayed a day due to Heavy rains the days leading up to the start. At this point this one is looking like its going to be more of a grind than a Wack fest like the last one. Once again it looks like both Minnesota Boys are off to a good start. Currently Feider is in 7th and Felix is in 14th. I think I may take a Sat. off from chasing the panfish and just sit back and watch some fishing while BBQing a Pork butt. I’m kind of a bit overdue for a kicked back relaxing weekend.

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

The Minnesota boys are still hanging in there. I see that bob Downey is having a great tourney as well. It would be way cool to see all three Midwest guys make the top 10 and fish the final day. Seth is looking great for the AOY. With several tourneys coming up on Northern SM lakes he’s going to be thought to beat.

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

I was really pulling for Swindle, But think he just started the day with to much weight to make up. He is by far one of my favorites to watch. he’s like a lot calmer Ike. Looks like its going to come down to either Logan or Mueller. Mueller starting the day with a 6Lb fish is huge. Its great to see all the mid-west fishermen have a great tourney down south. Seth just missed another top 10 and finished 12th. Both Felix and Downey made the final day and will finish in the top 10. The announcer’s said they did well because of how good they are at adjusting to rapidly changing conditions. They sure have needed to adjust over the last 4 days with all the changing water levels and color.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Seth is looking great for the AOY.

I’m guessing a 12th place finish will be good enough to keep him in first place in the AOY standings.

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

Another good day 1 for the Northern fishermen at Guntersville in Al. Feider is in 24th, Felix 26th, and Downey 33rd. all of them are only about 2Lbs. away from being in the top 10. Hope they all can have a decent day and least make the cut to fish on day 3. A Few points lead in the AOY race for Feider heading back North would be Great for his chance for the AOY champion. Having last years Rookie AOY and this years overall AOY would be great.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Another good day 1 for the Northern fishermen at Guntersville in Al. Feider is in 24th, Felix 26th, and Downey 33rd. all of them are only about 2Lbs. away from being in the top 10. Hope they all can have a decent day and least make the cut to fish on day 3. A Few points lead in the AOY race for Feider heading back North would be Great for his chance for the AOY champion. Having last years Rookie AOY and this years overall AOY would be great.

They really are repping us well. It won’t be long until there are more from our state as well. Lots of really good sticks in the opens from MN and WI right now too.

FryDog62
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>

They really are repping us well. It won’t be long until there are more from our state as well. Lots of really good sticks in the opens from MN and WI right now too.

Wonder if we’ll see more Elite tournaments in the Midwest?

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

I don’t think so to be honest. They want big fish caught so I think they stay south. I’d love to see an elite series event on Clear Lake out in CA. I think that would be pretty nuts. I could see them bringing it back to Mille Lacs or the Miss again. But our lakes typically aren’t big enough to hold 100+ boat tourneys either.

FryDog62
    Participant

Maybe Sturgeon Bay or Prior Lake..?

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Maybe Sturgeon Bay or Prior Lake..?

I could see sturgeon bay or maybe even chaquamegon maybe.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

I could see Mille Lacs and LaCrosse again in the future. They also had an event on Lake Oahe in South Dakota which was very popular for a new spot.

FryDog62
    Participant

I could see Mille Lacs and LaCrosse again in the future. They also had an event on Lake Oahe in South Dakota which was very popular for a new spot.

I thought Oahe was pretty cool. Such a different type of area for BASS, many places along that entire river system that could be good. I’d make the drive there and fish some spots along the way if they do…

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

Just a reminder the superbowl of Bass fishing the Bassmaster Classic starts tomorrow. Sounds like high water has the fishing a little tougher than normal. Someone will find them, they always do. Sure would be cool to see one of the midwest boys or the Canadians win this one. Should be fun to watch online.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’ve got Cherry repeating in my fantasy group. Have Austin Felix also because he’s been so darn consistent all season.

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

I’ve got Cherry repeating in my fantasy group. Have Austin Felix also because he’s been so darn consistent all season.

You nailed it. Hank Cherry – WOW. Back to back classic wins. He seemed to do the best job of adjusting to all the crazy weather conditions they had. $600,000 between last year and this years win. That’s some nice money. Now I just hope Feider can hang on and win the AOY. With the final 2 events being on Northern lakes in Mid July I would think he has a great shot. That would be nice to add to his resume. The AOY and the Classic are something that I think all professional Bass fishermen dream about.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

$600,000 plus all the ridiculous sponsorship money he will get. I’m honestly shocked he did it. So hard to repeat anything in the Elites. Pretty awesome.

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

Another Great Bassmaster event. Fun to watch all the SM action. With the SM being post spawn a lot of people said it would be more of a Largemouth event than normal. Did not see anyone fishing LM this morning. Maybe after they get a decent limit of SM they will go chase the LM. Seth Just need to have a decent Tourney and not stumble BIG. With the final 2 on primarily Small Mouth lakes I think he’s in great shape for the AOY. That would be a great title to add.

Joe Jarl
    Participant
    SW Wright County

Seemed like most started on the SM this morning, but a lot made the switch to LM fairly quickly. Seth had 1 small brown bass when he moved in to some shallow milf and filled his bag on some decent largemouth. I happen to be watching when he made that move. He said “I don’t know why anybody fishes smallmouth, they’re never in the same place twice! I hate those things!” jester

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

He said “I don’t know why anybody fishes smallmouth, they’re never in the same place twice! I hate those things!” jester

That was funny. But he’s correct. On big water the SM do seem to move around a lot. Here today – Gone tomorrow.

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

Looks like the Midwest guys are hanging tough. Last I looked Felix is in 11th and Seth is in 17th. Both look safe to make the cut to fish tomorrow. Bob Downey is in 55th but is only about 1 lb. back of the current 45th place. His weight is still a little lighter so a good fish or two will move him up lots. It would be cool if all three were fishing tomorrow. Sure fun to watch all the SM catches. watching them fight fish on low Lb. test line and spinning rods is cool. They all say that those SM just don’t give up.

Joe Jarl
    Participant
    SW Wright County

Checking in to the derby between yard work chores. Feider is getting it done! Putting himself in great position for AOY.

Attachments:
    1. 7AE01174-8E5C-47C6-807F-689F3DC960AD.png

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

Excellent Tourney for the Minnesota Fishermen. Feider finished 4th and Felix 5th. Both of them were only 1 big fish away from the win. Fun tourney to watch to little time I did watch it. I think Seth has pretty much rapped up the AOY title. He would need something major to happen to him to blow that kind of a lead. He said he probably not fish out of site from the weigh in spot at the final tourney this week. I would really like to see him go out and try to Win it but I understand his excitement to win the AOY title and all the money that comes with it. Should be another fun tourney to watch. More BIG SM fish on light tackle.

Viewing 30 posts - 181 through 210 (of 563 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.