How has Livescope changed the way you fish?

• scottaheller

A recent trip to Sand Point and Namakan lakes in Voyageurs Nat Park has been my first real trial of Livescope with 93 SV Garmin. We have never been on these lakes before but have fish Rainy several times so we approached them much the same. Using the Livescope did reveal the number of fish at many locations. As I watched the fish react to what I was using, if something wasn’t producing I switched baits or techniques much quicker than I would have done before just based on the fish’s reactions. I enjoy vertical fishing with a drop shot and leach. This drew a lot of fish to my bait but just lookers which I initially thought the fish were in a negative feeding time but tossing a jigging rap out and snap jigging, they attacked it. We needed an impulse bait and not a finesse bait. This has really opened my eyes and forced me to try baits and techniques I normally wouldn’t. How has using this live imaging changed how you fish?

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

I also change baits much faster now. It’s nice to know I’m casting or pulling over fish instead of thinking I am. I only have to let the fish see my bait a handful of times before switching techniques or cadences.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

It forces you to be a better fisherman

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

It forces you to be a better fisherman

Agree ^^^
    If you are seeing the fish and they are not reacting, you have no one to blame but yourself, if you don’t change your presentation.

I use Active Target while trolling and can adjust my depth instantly to meet the fish I am seeing. I have watched fish turn and grab my bait. I have also watched fish ignore my bait as it trolled right past their nose.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Definitely makes you work at it . Finding them for me is the key . Then finding out what presentation will be productive .

Reef W

Is I see someone with a pole over the side I assume they see something and work my way closer lol

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Is I see someone with a pole over the side I assume they see something and work my way closer lol

You and a large portion of the population… Since I’ve switched my ducer to my vantage, no one but people in my boat know I have it!

ganderpike
    Alexandria

I personally get satisfaction from putting on clinics while the dudes gawking at their screens throw their tackle box at the fish. Just kidding….somewhat.

It’s all about adding another piece of the puzzle, LVS certainly accelerates that process.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.