Hotel recommendation, I-falls or Virginia

• dirtywater
    Participant

Can anyone recommend a hotel with safe boat parking in the international Falls or Virginia area? Due to a snafu with my RABC application, I might need to drive all the way up there to get our remote crossing permits in person. It’s five hours out of my way, but it might be the only way to save my trip. would not be arriving until 10 PM or so. I don’t need anything fancy but I’m nervous about the boat sitting in the parking lot overnight.

Mike W
    Participant
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Here is a place we rent with garage parking for the boats.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20230605_123826_Chrome.jpg

dirtywater
    Participant

Thanks— man that would be ideal but I’ll have to check if they will do a one-night rental. Air bnb fees can be a pain but it’d be worth it in this case.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

Stayed at the American Inn several times with my boat. Didn’t worry to much.

haleysgold
    Participant
    SE MN

Vermillion motel in Cook.

Really, if you have a cover for your boat I think they are all pretty safe.

carver
    Participant
    West Metro

If you wanna stay at the vermilion hotel in cook, your boat should be good there.

If you’re still nervous about that, You can drop your boat off at my place north of cook, if you want.

dirtywater
    Participant

If you wanna stay at the vermilion hotel in cook, your boat should be good there.

If you’re still nervous about that, You can drop your boat off at my place north of cook, if you want.

Well dang, that’s a kind offer. It sounds like I shouldn’t worry too much, which is great to know.

Appreciate the feedback everyone.

Michael C. Winther
    Participant
    Reedsburg, WI

i’ve used the AmericInn in Virginia multiple times without issue, and will be staying there again at the end of the month.

the boat is out in the open in a parking lot of course, so there’s always a possibility of someone getting into it, but the lot is well lighted and i’ve been able to get a spot near the main entrance every time.

3Rivers
    Participant

We’ve stayed at the Nomad in IFALLS with a boat for the past few years. Not a fancy place, but a good value and no issues.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Tourism is a big deal in I-Falls. They take protecting boats pretty seriously. Both the new hotels, Cobblestone & Americ Inn have well lit parking lots. Hilltop is also another option.

Don’t leave your stuff in plain view and you will be fine. If you don’t have a cover pull your electronic and stow your rods and tackle in your compartments.

Aboxy17
    Participant

There are a good amount of spots in I-falls the Nomad was a decent place when I stayed there. A lot of the traffic you will see will be guys with boats staying there from my experience this time of year. I was just up on Rainy two weeks ago but didn’t stay in town.

Reef W
    Participant

Pineview Inn in Virginia has bad parking and you might end up on the street with a boat if it’s busy. AmericInn and Comfort Inn (in mountain iron) are both fine and always have boats there.

TheFamousGrouse
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

I’m totally done with the motels in international falls. The rates are ridiculously high and the quality is terrible for the price. For years we stayed there overnight on our way into Canada and now I’m totally bypassing the falls.

Stay in virginia.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

I’m totally done with the motels in international falls. The rates are ridiculously high and the quality is terrible for the price. For years we stayed there overnight on our way into Canada and now I’m totally bypassing the falls.

Stay in virginia.

Please do.

dirtywater
    Participant

I got lucky and the Canadians sorted me out with my RABC so I won’t need to make the extra trip after all. Perhaps the grumpiest people I’ve ever spoken to in that office, but they came through.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.