Horseshoe Chain help

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’m heading up to Horseshoe on Sun. to Pre-fish for a Bass tourney on the 29th. I’ve only been on the chain once and that was over 10 years ago. The only thing I remember was how fishable everything looked ( Wood everywhere ) And also how many spinnerbaits I had wrecked by all the Dog and Catfish. Not looking for spots just a push in the right direction. With only 1 or 2 days to Pre-fish I’d rather stay on one body of water and I’m not sure where to focus my attention. Also what landing should I use. Please feel free to PM me if you would like. Thanks in advance for any advice you have.

JoeMX1825
    MN

This time of the year sucks, I’ve been catching most of my bass frogging in the pads and milfoil like weeds in Becker Lake. Bass I do catch on lures spit up small sunfish/shad near the boat, so you know they are pretty well fed right now…

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Ya I was guessing that this time of the year it would most likely be a strong Slop bite. I was hoping to find more of a deep water pattern if possible. Generally how deep is the main weedline on Horseshoe and Becker?

PM sent – Check your PM”s

walleyejoe
    Litchfield, MN

Save your gas and fish from the couch. Trust me it will be more rewarding than a day on the horse-[censored] chain.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Slop is the ticket right now on the chain…Look at Schneider lake right now as well…The Lakemaster chip is a must have for fishing the chain. Plan your fishing spots, you have several spots that is a NO-wake. You can waste a lot of time running. good luck….

markmoran
    Rochester MN

Fished it about 3 weeks ago, did a lot of froggin’ in the pads and slop, managed some right by the landing I think it was on Cedar Island, well there were some pads in a bay and you had to get through the bay before the no wake was done next to a highway. I don’t know if that helps but we caught some in the pads while we were there, and it should be better now!

JoeMX1825
    MN

Things will really heat up once October hits, best time of the year to fish the chain…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.