July 25th- Aug 1

• markmoran
    Rochester MN

The family is headed up to a resort on Cedar Island Lake and have never been there. Any reports or any knowledge shared would be greatly appreciated! Looking for bass, walleye, panfish, whatever is biting!! Thanks for any info! PM is fine as well

JoeMX1825
    MN

Stick to Ceder Island, Horseshoe & Becker lakes. Focus on any weed beds you can find and points and drop offs. Right now is the tough fishing period on the chain, stick with Rattle traps and spinner baits for bass. Please release any Smallmouth bass you catch.

markmoran
    Rochester MN

No worries about bass, they all go back, a WISE old man once told me they were poisonous and to this day i still believe him!! Thanks for the tips, any tips for pannies or walleyes?
    or pretty much the same for everything?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Panfish can be had pretty much anywhere (look for the pontoons fishing) larger bluegills are near the big drop off on Horseshoe lake about 200-300 yards straight out from the no wake bouys. I’ve been catching my walleyes recently on rattle traps near rocky bottom spots on Horseshoe, fish around 8-9pm for the best Walleye results.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.