Cedar Island

• markmoran
    Rochester MN

Looking to stay at the Riverside resort for a family summer vacation, any thought? how about the lake is it any good for Bass, panfish? northern? and I guess walleye

Thanks all for your input!

JoeMX1825
    MN

Ceder Island and Horseshoe lakes will be your best bets for all species of fish, what time of year will you be up there?

markmoran
    Rochester MN

Last week in July, I know terrible, but it was the best for the family, I am just looking to get some fishing done that week, not too intensive. Thanks, I booked the Riverside, know anything about it?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Riverside is a nice resort, you’ll be right in the middle of the chain so lots of options in terms of spots to fish. July sucks for Walleye fishing on the chain, so your best bet for a good bite that time of year is Becker lake for Northerns & Bass, otherwise Horseshoe is probably the best lake overall for all species.

Keep checking this site during the summer, I usually post a fishing report for the chain every month or so…

markmoran
    Rochester MN

Awesome! Thanks a lot for all the info!

zman420
    Richmond,MN

I would try trolling in mud lake for Pike!

JoeMX1825
    MN

Quote:

I would try trolling in mud lake for Pike!

What shoreline? To the left of Mud Lakes entrance and then across to the island? everywhere else is less than 5 feet of water….I’ve seen a few Walleye/Pike early in the year when the water is gin clear, but really only catch Bass in Mud….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.