Anything going on?

• BBKK
    IA

Heading up Sat for a mancation on the chain. Mostly catch and release when it comes to gamefish, but we do like to eat some panfish while we are up there.

Anything biting lately? I’m guessing the fish are probably out deep. Dont want any spots, just wondering if the fish are biting in general.

I’m thinking deep in the weeds for bass/pike, off the dropoffs for walleye, and out on the shelves for panfish.

joemama
    North St Paul

it helps if you name “the chain”

STEVES
    New Richmond, Wi

Wispered~check the top of the post…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Caught several HUGE sunnies while fishing for smallies this past week, fish were in 5′-7′. Stick to Horseshoe lake…make sure to release any Smallies caught, there were several vacationing MO boats on the water and they were keeping lots of fish…just sad…

BBKK
    IA

I know who you are talking about too. They have a terrible reputation for keeping over their limit. We are 2 weeks behind them and we still hear about it every year.

I would not keep a smallmouth if it was the last fish in the lake.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Quote:

I know who you are talking about too. They have a terrible reputation for keeping over their limit. We are 2 weeks behind them and we still hear about it every year.

It’s a good thing those fish are so good at throwing lures, helps keep their numbers growing, I lost a monster this past weekend…

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Quote:

It’s a good thing those fish are so good at throwing lures, helps keep their numbers growing, I lost a monster this past weekend…

Whats a monster? Are there any real big smallies in there yet? I have caught a few 3’s and a couple 4’s but no real giants.

Oddly my biggest one so far from there has come from East lake fishing a buzzbait.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Whats a monster? Are there any real big smallies in there yet? I have caught a few 3’s and a couple 4’s but no real giants.

Oddly my biggest one so far from there has come from East lake fishing a buzzbait.

5 lbs, I’ve caught several 19’s & a few 20’s

BBKK
    IA

Awesome, maybe I’ll hook into one of those this year! The 4’s were all 20’s but this time of year its hard for them to bulk up.. catfish eating all the food!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.