Do the fish appear to be on normal spring schedule

• JoeMX1825
    MN

I haven’t been able to wet a line yet this year due to all the spring cabin prep work, but I did notice a TON of sunfish and bass spawning in the narrow channels when getting the pontoon out of storage.. Do the fish appear to be on normal spring schedule or ahead due to the warm march?

haasjj
    Cordova, IL

We’re about 10 days ahead down here, at least on walleye. There was sum early spawning of bass (in March), but those spawns were the exception, most are still egged up.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

hey sqeeter, whereabouts you got your place on the chain? i grew up in richmond. worked at a resort, now closed, by riverside.

i think they may me a little earlier then normal but this weird spring weather keeps thrown them back.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Was that Kurtz’s Resort ?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i’m not sure. it was right striaght across the bay and highway from riverside. it was owned by the nelsons. he was a state trooper back in the day. this was like in about 1972-73. wasnt kurtz before it was renmaed to riverside. i know the people that own it now, DEROSE, owns the motel in cold spring.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Your right…. Riverside was Kurtz’s….. l o n g time ago…. Maybe Ruegemers ?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

nope ruguemers is on the north side of where the river crosses hwy 22. this is down from there! its where you can see from the road where theriver takes a bend and heads towards coldspring. someone built a house where the resort was!!! was pretty old even when i worked there.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.