Quick Report

• big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

A group of us hit my old home waters yesterday, Browns Lake. We caught some nice crappies and could not keep the 1 to 4 lb catfish off our lines… I brought home 8 nice slabs and 5 kitties…. fish fry coming soon

When I was a kid, about 30 years ago we NEVER caught a catfish, now dare I say, the waters are “infested”…

JoeMX1825
    Participant
    MN

what was the ice thickness?

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

i grew up in richmond. but havent fished that body of water in a long time. any ideas to chase pike. oh and a few kitties wouldnt hurt either. any ideas?????

JoeMX1825
    Participant
    MN

Ceder Island is probably best bet for numbers of cats..I’d say Becker for Pike

BBKK
    Participant
    IA

Quote:

i grew up in richmond. but havent fished that body of water in a long time. any ideas to chase pike. oh and a few kitties wouldnt hurt either. any ideas?????

A few? You cant keep them off the hook. Caught well over 200 in 5 days of walleye fishing this summer.

Not sure how the ice is, but around goat island on horseshoe is infested with cats.

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

i have a guy and his girlfriend that want to try spearing and he picked browns lake. so we shall go there to amuse him. the problem with becker is the only real way to get there now is via the acess on hwy 22, and i’m not to keen on crossing that river right now!

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

goat island????? is that the island you can see from hwy 22 where they drive out on the lakes on both sides the road???? i kinda thought they called that dog island!!!not sure, i dont fish it much even though i lived there my hole life!

BBKK
    Participant
    IA

Goat island is the big island before you enter the cut that leads to long. There is a 8-10′ flat on the back side of the island that is absolutely packed with cats. Lots of gills in the summer too.

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

yea thats the one and same island. thanks!

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

Sorry, just seen the question… was out yesterday and the ice is 13″+… they had the EV Sportsman club fishing derby and a few trucks were driving on

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.