Honda Generator Carb Cleaning

• 3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I’m not sure if I’m quite there yet but my 11-12 year old 2000 isn’t starting like it should. It’s been very well taken care of, regular plug-oil-filter changes. Non oxy, synthetic oil, and frequent summer starts. A good cleaning must be in my future soon. Anybody know the approximate cost at a dealer? I think I could do it but would rather have someone qualified. Hoping a load of Seafoam helps.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

iowaboy1 loves that seafoam. whistling
    Before I knew him I poured a bunch in a snow blower, got it to work but had to take it in and get all the hoses and gaskets replaced.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Would Star Tron be better?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

doah ii’ve used sefoam with no issues>>>.yet!!! but then again i really dont use that much!!!!!! i also use starton!!!!!!

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I’ve really never used much Seafoam. I’ve always been concerned about all the crud it could break loose. I always try to run good gas, keep clean gas tanks, and be very careful with my equipment. I’ve always thought of star Tron as more of a gas stabilizer and seafoam as a cleaner.

barc
    SE MN

Have you looked at the price of a new carb for it versus having it torn down and cleaned?
    There are youtube videos to step you through the swap out process.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I’m not a fan of Seafoam especially in large doses.

Cleaning those Honda carbs is easy and there are dozens of YouTube videos to show you how.

mike mulhern

don’t buy a cheap chinese look alike as the insides are not the same and it won’t run for crap. rebuilds are the route to go

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I buy cheap carbs for cheap equipment with fairly good luck but not for this application. I’m going to clean it after watching a couple videos, it looks very basic.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

I hate doing carb work, till do but hate it.
    Those 2000 are so easy after watching a youtube video or two, you could do it with your eyes closed.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.