Homemade Applesauce

• Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

Runs to liquor cupboard…

Why is Sharon $hitfaced after breakfast? She put too much booze in her applesauce… 🤣🤣🥴🥴

eyekatcher
    Participant
    Lakeville, MN

When you warm the applesauce to serve,
    add some applejack to it.

Brad Dimond
    Participant

My wife makes applesauce out of Cortland apples and water – no sugar. It’s the only applesauce I will eat. Store bought is too sweet. I am OK if she adds cinnamon and ginger, nothing else. It freezes really well in plastic containers, great to have real applesauce all winter long.

Michael Saal
    Participant
    Merrill, Wi

Thanks for the recipe Sharon my wife made applesauce from our haralson apple tree today and it turned out great. First time making sauce for her.

Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

Thanks for the recipe Sharon my wife made applesauce from our haralson apple tree today and it turned out great. First time making sauce for her.

Oh yay! Thanks for sharing that! Always fun to hear when someone tries a recipe. waytogo

Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

There’s something so cool about plucking little round fruits from my tree, chopping them up, and cooking them into mush to make homemade applesauce! mrgreen

Attachments:
    1. 20230823_191304-scaled.jpg

Brad Dimond
    Participant

Seems like an early harvest this year. We were at the St. Paul Farmers Market last Saturday and a few orchards had several varieties in stock. The usual early varieties but also some Zestars and others usually not seen until after Labor Day.

jagermeister
    Participant
    NW Ontario

My wife makes apple pie filling and cans it
    great later on when there are no pie apples

Rodwork
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

I saw the title and was going to add that Sharon made the best applesauce I have had and should share her recipe. The thread loads and boom, Sharon’s recipe. waytogo

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.