What happened in here? Where’s all the new posts?

• Tim Bossert
    Cochrane, WI

I thought someone posted weekly reports coming and all kinds of good stuff about getting this Holcombe Flowage forum up and productive? Did the guy fall asleep indefinitely? Please tell me he isn’t dead? Insert foot if he did!

Anyway…any musky action heating up? My first trip chasing musky is this coming weekend and I’m hoping to get at least one in the bag. Any real thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

Good to see someone else that fishes holcombe. I mostly fish in the summer for walleyes. Can’t give you any musky report though.

Good luck

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Does this flowage have a big algae bloom every summer?

FDR

tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

Yes. It is worse if there is little rain to give some current and very warm conditions. Last year wasn’t bad but this summer was

joemama
    North St Paul

after the packers start this year all the cheese head posts have dropped off

tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

If they keep up there lousy performance activity may pick up.

tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

My parents are at the lake this week. Told me that there appears to be about 6-7 inches in most sports. Snow mobiles are out. Don’t know about the channel area. I know that people are finding fish by the cribs around Lions park. They are close to the bottom. I am heading up there first weekend in January. I will report back.

tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

Fished Saturday and Sunday. We marked fish but didn’t get any biters. There was a good 9-12 inches of ice everywhere.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.