Crappie were hot then cold

• Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

After catching a speck that was almost 15 inches yesterday I couldn’t resist the chance to go out today and one up yesterday’s trophy. I finally got onto the lake about 10:00 this morning and by 12:00 I had 15 nice crappie it took me three more hours to fill my creel. I was getting itchy to get home and watch the KC / Denver game but I wanted fish for dinner more. Black and green was the best colors, and motor oil with white tail/metal flake was the second best colors before noon. Nothing was working after the clouds moved in near noon until 2:30 when purple with green tail finally turned the bite back on.

By the way yesterday’s total catch was released to fight another day.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Damn, you are the crappie king down there this year! Just makes sense that I make more trips to KS next year!

elheldt
    N E Iowa

Nice catch and display.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Nice, I need to find me another crappie hole, mine done all dried up, and the other that holds some really nice fish, has too much food to intice more than a couple hard fought bites.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Quote:

What time are we eating

Awesome job on the crappies

Common, what do you say we have some crappie and some of them gills you caught?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.