HF 2890 Red Flag and Firearms Transfer

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

thumper.. google Alibis Drinkery… they are still harassing them. coffee

Just read some of the info. Sounds like this Zarza and Baldazo have some other legal issues facing them as well. Like I said. There may have been some that were shut down by Judges / law enforcement. But none I was aware of. its a rather big stretch to go from Judges / law enforcement shutting a business down during a covid situation, to Law enforcement going door to door to take all guns away from legal law abiding citizens. Once again, I’m not saying it can’t happen. But I’m saying it likely will not. If/ When that day comes, I think it will be the day that we see another revolution in this country. Maybe that will be what it takes to get this country back on a correct path.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I do not know of a single business that was shut down by judges/law enforcement during covid. I’m Not say there were not any. Just saying I was not aware of any of them.

Then you were not paying attention. Here’s a brief list, but there were many more, including Shady’s in your neck of the woods. And again the point to this discussion, is that it doesn’t matter if you think the local law is on your side, the State or Feds (eventually once federal gun bans pass) will come in and enforce them.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-lifestyle/heres-a-list-of-businesses-the-state-has-taken-action-against-for-violating-covid-rules

Shady’s: http://www.fox9.com/news/shadys-bar-owner-backs-down-from-plans-to-reopen-against-minnesota-governors-executive-orders

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

And again the point to this discussion, is that it doesn’t matter if you think the local law is on your side, the State or Feds (eventually once federal gun bans pass) will come in and enforce them.

Once again, I don’t think that day will come in our lifetime. I hope not anyway. That will be a bloody day in US history if that ever does happen. That would be like the Waco Siege played out everyday in every neighborhood. Just don’t see it happening. You may end up being right. I sure hope not.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

That will be a bloody day in US history if that ever does happen.

I don’t see that happening. What is more likely is they ban _____, buyback anyone willing to part with _____, and make it illegal to sell/gift/trade ______. And fine/prosecute on an individual basis so there is no mass uproar. I’m sure December 2019 you (and I) would have said the same thing would happen if the Govt forced millions of small businesses closed, yet here we are.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>
    Did your local judges/law enforcement turn a blind eye to businesses staying open during Covid?

Yes.

And how many of those businesses actually stayed open?

Very few. But it had absolutely nothing to with the local law enforcement or judges enforcing something.

If you think rural law enforcement officers are going to just start seizing weapons that were formerly legal, I think you’re mistaken. Most of the local rural LEOs I know are some of the most loyal 2A supporters. They are the same people that didn’t care one bit if the local bar was open during “Covid” or if a Ma & Pa restaurant was open either.

Coletrain27

What does law enforcement not enforcing laws when Covid was going on have to do with anything? Has nothing to do with a gun law

Coletrain27

If you think rural law enforcement officers are going to just start seizing weapons that were formerly legal, I think you’re mistaken. Most of the local rural LEOs I know are some of the most loyal 2A supporters. They are the same people that didn’t care one bit if the local bar was open during “Covid” or if a Ma & Pa restaurant was open either.

Maybe your local small town sheriff won’t but there are plenty other authorities that are. A simple search on YouTube and you will see

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

What does law enforcement not enforcing laws when Covid was going on have to do with anything? Has nothing to do with a gun law

I was wondering the same

BigWerm
    SW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coletrain27 wrote:</div>

I was wondering the same

But it had absolutely nothing to with the local law enforcement or judges enforcing something.

That is exactly my point, it didn’t matter during Covid how the local law enforcement felt about them staying open, the State and AG Ellison came in and shut them down and fined them into compliance. And anyone that didn’t comply faced endless court battles and potentially jail time. The same thing will happen with gun laws. Having a local pro 2A judge or sheriff won’t be worth a lick. And they will do it without blood in the streets.

Riverrat

Mmmm this Friday afternoon Grainbelt and totally useless commentary that should have been discussed before the bill was on the govenor’s desk is delicious. How do I turn off notifications I dont need to see any more of this.

deertracker

How do I turn off notifications I dont need to see any more of this.

Click “Unfavorite” at the top of the thread. Right hand side.
    DT

big_g
    Isle, MN

Do people really need to come on here and talk about how they don’t want to come on here…only to come on here and talk about it anyways ? It’s called self control. crazy

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

never mind

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

That is exactly my point, it didn’t matter during Covid how the local law enforcement felt about them staying open, the State and AG Ellison came in and shut them down and fined them into compliance. And anyone that didn’t comply faced endless court battles and potentially jail time. The same thing will happen with gun laws. Having a local pro 2A judge or sheriff won’t be worth a lick. And they will do it without blood in the streets.

[/quote]

I am in agreement with you.

Coletrain27

I am in agreement with you.
    [/quote]

X2 your local sheriff Taylor might not agree with it and enforce it but there are plenty of other people that will and sheriff Taylor will no longer have a job

big_g
    Isle, MN

I always hoped it would be well after my lifetime, that this country would be pushed to a civil war again.. the last 2+ years (and pandemic elections) have really accelerated it to where it is becoming a looming reality sooner. My prediction is when the Federal government is totally corrupted by the rich oligarchs (about 60-70% there now) when they try to use the US Military against her own people, just as I suspect most local authority will, the boots on the ground military will side with their Mothers, fathers and brothers and sisters, over the corrupt government and there will be 2 war fronts… one in the civil arena and one inside the military.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I’m running out to Costco tomorrow and getting a whole pallet of tinfoil. I’m predicting a shortage soon.

Coletrain27

I’m running out to Costco tomorrow and getting a whole pallet of tinfoil. I’m predicting a shortage soon.

Bet you don’t jester

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

My AR platforms were purchased strictly with hunting in mind.
    5.56 for prairie dogs and yotes
    7.62 for hogs

My pistols were purchased for rattlesnakes.

Their secondary purpose being something fun to shoot for things like target practice, long range.

When I look at AR platforms all I see are hunting guns. I don’t care for the ones built for otherwise, they just don’t serve a purpose to me.

The other two ar lowers I haven’t built yet are for hunting also and will likely be 22 nosler for yotes and the second I’m torn between a few fun rounds like 300 blk, 450 or 358. Which would fall into deer or hog rounds. Fun thing about these for hunting is I only need one lower and can build what, 10 different calibers.

It’s just amazing to me how these platforms people DON’T see the amazing hunting capabilities and only some man killing bs.

mnmarlin

I would like to see ‘before and after study’ done in 5 years. I bet its going to be very hard to discern any impact that these two laws have on gun violence, but it makes the politicians feel like they ‘did something’ – something they can use in the next campaign to get re-elected.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Don’t you have half a pallet left from the Russian hoax and Crossfire Hurricane ? Remember when that was a conspiracy ? jester jester jester

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

It’s just amazing to me how these platforms people DON’T see the amazing hunting capabilities and only some man killing bs.

That’s the only stuff that makes the news, that’s why people think that. The national news isn’t going to broadcast how accurate with minimal recoil they are for hunting purposes.

If I’m not mistaken, they are the most popular type of rifle now in the entire country.

Most gun violence is not a result of rifle use though. The majority of gun violence comes from handguns, and the stats bear that out. Its just that the news doesn’t broadcast those like they do when there’s a mass shooting with an AR. If the democrats wanted to get serious about gun violence, they would go after handguns.

ajw

In just four months, the DFL majority:

Established a “fundamental right” to abortion through all nine months of pregnancy;

Declared Minnesota a “refuge” for children seeking sex changes;

Passed the “Take Pride Act,” which will prohibit nonprofits that serve minors from discriminating based on “gender identity” in hiring practices;

Passed protections for women who travel to Minnesota for abortions;

Repealed protections for babies who survive abortions;

Stripped pregnancy resource centers of state funding;

Gutted reporting requirements for abortion facilities;

Expanded medical assistance to include abortion (taxpayer-funded abortion);
    Repealed an informed consent law for abortion;

Legalized recreational marijuana use;
    Increased government spending by 40 percent;

Raised the gas tax by indexing it to inflation;

Created a new delivery fee on all retail orders over $100;

Increased sales taxes and fees for vehicle purchases and registration;

Passed a metro-wide sales tax increase;
    Enacted automatic voter registration;
    Passed pre-registration for 16- and 17-year-olds;

Joined the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact;

Funded a study on ranked-choice voting;
    Passed a bill to provide driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants;

Passed a bill to provide health care to illegal immigrants;

Restored the right to vote to violent felons who are on probation;

Created a commission to design a new state flag;

Replaced Columbus Day with Indigenous People’s Day;

Declared Juneteenth a state holiday;

Raised the threshold for a political party to attain or maintain “major party” status from 5 percent to 8 percent beginning in the 2024 general election;

Passed a bill to require Minnesota’s electricity grid to be 100% carbon-free by 2040;

Banned so-called “conversion therapy;”
    Passed two gun control bills, including a red-flag law and universal background checks;

Provided free college at state institutions to students in families with income under $80,000;

Passed a bill to provide free lunch and breakfast to all Minnesota students regardless of family income;

Increased spending on K-12 education by 10.2 percent;

Banned Native American mascots;

Raised fees for fishing, boating, and visiting state parks;

Created a hate speech database;

Banned no-knock warrants;

Created a program that will allow inmates who complete certain programming to serve just half of their prison sentences;

Created a state-run paid leave program that will raise taxes on employers and employees;

Established a new legal avenue for prosecutors to seek lower sentences;

Funded a new Office of Restorative Practices that will propose alternatives to incarceration for juveniles who commit serious crimes;
    Commissioned a study on abolishing cash bail;

Created a new public database that will assign climate scores to large businesses;

Capped rebate checks at $260 per filer, with income limits, and down from the $1,000 initially proposed by Gov. Tim Walz.

Yikes

ajw

I wonder what Minnesota’s new flag will look like..

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Replaced Columbus Day with Indigenous People’s Day;

Lol its still Columbus Day to me and everyone else I know.

Umy
    South Metro

Something like this perhaps

Attachments:
    1. New-Flag.jpeg

Umy
    South Metro

Jesus AJW – that’s DEPRESSING!!!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Hey they also made it a non crimal offense to have dirty needles with fetenyl and heroin. Think of all those positives. We can refuge underage sex changes. What a great thing. People should be ashamed

MNdrifter

Even without the list they are trying to make of who has what for firearms, the banks just hand out our information to FBI. They were able to cross reference bank card transactions from the Jan 6 “insurrection” of people who were in Washington DC, and those who purchased from gun shops within 6 months of the date. Guess who got door knocks from the FBI even if they didn’t do anything other than be In Washington at the time. We do not have rights anymore. Might as well laugh all the way to the gallows is how I feel about it.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’m perfectly fine with the FBI using all means necessary to track down potential terrorists as a part of the Jan 6 riots. Doesn’t bother me one bit.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 98 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.